laggy crysis performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpfan18

Baseband Member
I recently downloaded the crysis demo. During gameplay I'm constantly getting lag (even with all settings set to low). My monitiors native resolution is 1440X900. I've tried lowering the resolution but that didn't help. My processor is an AMD 64 +3800 (2.4 GHz) and my GPU is a 7900gt KO 512MB. Shouldn't my pc be able to play this. All of my drivers are up to date. Will reformatting and reinstalling everything from scratch make my games run faster? (I've had this computer for a while)

The same thing is happening in other game such as COD and unreal tournament. Is is time for a new pc? Any help will be appreciated. thank you.

What operating system?

You should be able to play it on lower res and low settings just fine. I would kill any background processes and try it.

I'm running windows xp... I tried running it on 800x600 with low settings. The lag isn't as bad as it was before but now it just looks like crap... Could my single core cpu be the problem? should I upgrade?

I know i just downloaded the new forceware drivers last night, havent tested to see if it made any difference though. I will when i get home.

you could have excess background processes and services lagging you out, when was the last time you've done a fresh install of windows? that's usually the easiest solution.

you could have excess background processes and services lagging you out, when was the last time you've done a fresh install of windows? that's usually the easiest solution.

are you talking to me?
i just installed vista like a week or two ago.
ive disabled all the services that are not deeded.
I just played gears of war and my fps stays around 50.

Ill try playing crysis again...im just trying to find the correct settings to play it with.

I've never done a fresh install of windows. I'm considering that but I really don't want to deal with the hassle of reinstalling every program. Is there a good chance that a fresh install will increase game speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom