L4D2 whacha think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

myowngod

In Runtime
I just picked it up today. Wasn't a HUGE fan of the first one (liked it, but got old...) ... but after watching zombie land... I wanted to try the zombie thing again. I must say I really like it so far.. the melee weapons make a huge difference to me, and the levels are far more interesting. If I were to play it without having played the first one, I'd give it a 9.5/10... but since it doesn't really do much to differentiate itself from the original (albeit still much improved), i'd say a solid 8.7/10... I think they could have done more, but it is still a blast to play. I enjoy it more than the first and I think I will enjoy it for longer too...

I haven't played the actual game but I tried the demo. I agree about the melee weapons, makes a difference compared to the first one. I may just have to buy it. :)

I tried the demo and wasn't impressed. If you could use the sights on the guns and pull off longer shots it would be better (to me). Of course I was playing single player with the idiot AI teammates. Having never played the first one I was at a loss on the controls at first but I figured it out (I don't play Source games).

I don't think the demo is a very good representation of the actual game. I get a LOT more enjoyment out of the actual game than the demo. The demo was unfortunately placed in one of the daylight scenes, which are still fun, but I think by themselves don't do as much as a night scene would.

The game is loads of fun, especially if you have friends to play with. I never bought the first one because I wasn't too impressed when I played it at a friends house but I'm glad I purchased this one. Plus I preordered a 4-pack with some friends so I got it for only $33.95 :p

I never played the demo, but the sights thing never bothers me in a decently paced game with real people.. no one will sit there while you pick off zombies 200 yards away... I did that in the single player, but if you do that in multi you just get left behind...

i preordered left for dead 2. The demo kinda sucks...only 2 levels of the campaign that is kinda lacking. IF you buy the game it is much better, loads of fun when you play the campaign co-op with 3 friends. It is very similar to the first one though, gore increase a good bit, the detail on the zombies is much better. The melee i dont really like though. If i come across a magnum, i always use it instead.

I played the demo and found a machete and ended up using nothing but... So much fun watching there heads pop off hehe:crazy:

Dauntae

I played the demo and found a machete and ended up using nothing but... So much fun watching there heads pop off hehe:crazy:

Dauntae

I did the same when I first got it, only with a katana instead... now if only one of the survivors was a ninja... and could dual wield katanas...

^the katana in the game is a two handed katana...you use two dual handed katans at the same time.

The bat and chain saw are my fav melee weapons by far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom