Killing Floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
A friend of mine bought this game a little while ago and it came with a free guest pass for 3 days, so i have been playing it with him tonight. I was a bit skeptical at first, and it has a bit of a learning curve of how you need to play it to survive. But after that is done it is one heck of a game. Usually a game like this you get tired of after about an hour, but we logged probably around 4 hours straight. It is really fun, and it has good background music lol.

Full Review:

Game-play:
Pretty much the same thing on every map, but there is quite a selection of maps. at least 10+ or more, and i believe there is down-loadable maps. Even though the game-play for every map is very linear, the way you go about surviving varies every single time you play. Whether you run all the way through the waves guns blaring, huddle back to back in the middle of an intersection, or hide in a room welding the doors shut. There are a lot of ways you can go about it, and all are fun. Team work is very much a necessity in this game, you CAN NOT go off on your own and hope to survive.

Game-play Summary:
  • Good Map Options
  • Different Ways to Survive Every time
  • Fun Team Work Aspect

Weapons:

Quite a nice selection of varying accuracy, damage, and rates of fire. Most of the guns are quite different, and take a bit of getting used-to to use to their full potential. The recoil on some of them are pretty hard to control though, but this can be minimized by leveling in certain areas.

Weapons Summary
  • Lots of guns compared to other zombie shooters
  • Strengths and weakness
  • Fun Team Work Aspect for each gun
  • Sometimes bad recoil (if at low perk levels

Graphics:

The graphics are not that great, but they are not supposed to be as this was originally just a mod for UT. But they are not bad by any means. The graphics really work for this game. The blood/gore is pretty good too.
Graphics Summary:
  • Not Great, but not horrible
  • Fair Blood/Gore
  • The okish graphics work for the type of game this is
Sound:
The gun sounds are quite good. But you don't really pay much attention to it. The zombies sound realistic as well. The background music really sets the mood in this game being heavy metal/scree-mo. You really feel in the mood to shoot the **** out of some zombie horde's. Usually this music would not work in a video game, but it really does in this one.
Sound Summary:
  • Good gun sounds
  • zombies sound realistic
  • Great mood background music

Perk Leveling:

Is pretty much just experience in a certain skill. Like sharpshooting for example, you get more points in this by doing head shots, etc. IT seems a bit slow though, as after 4 hours, the only thing i managed to do is to get to sharpshooter level 2. But you get better skills with leveling. Such as less recoil, better accuracy with a certain weapon, better damage, and so on. This will probably keep the game fresh and wanting you to keep playing it to get better skills.
Perk Leveling Summary:
  • Slow moving
  • Very beneficial to accuracy, and other weapon attributes
  • Will keep the game fresh

Conclusion:
Great team work + Great Music + Great Game-Play + Great Guns = Great zombie killing fun for the whole family.

I own L4D and Killing Floor, and have never played the latter. Haven't had any reason to.

actually prefer killing floor over either of the l4d's. It just seems more fun, don't get me wrong l4d is as well, but it got old, and killing floor will as well eventually, but for the time being it wins in my book.

Overall I consider l4d and if to be rather different games and prefer if for the extensive custom maps selection and perks/class system. However I have never been a fan of l4d versus and that is where the lasting power of that game resides.

/quote Overall I consider l4d and if to be rather different games and prefer if for the extensive custom maps selection and perks/class system. However I have never been a fan of l4d versus and that is where the lasting power of that game resides.

/agree

I own L4D1 and KF.. I must say, the survival mode on KF is much better than on L4D... I want a scenario where I'm flooded with the basic zombies, and KF can provide that. It's so entertaining :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom