Killer RPGs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOcLuE98

Biohazardous
Now, I am not so* sure about this, but I am looking at IGN, for a new rpg that I want to play, having a hard time. I want an offline RPG, because I dont want to pay for monthly service, or else I would run out right now, and buy LOTORO.

My top list:
Elder Scrolls 3 (played for ridiculous amount of time...)
KOTOR 1 (played on xbox)
Elder Scrolls 4 (250+ hours into this game..)
KOTOR 2 (played on xbox)

I loved these games! too bad, no new rpgs have been put out for the PC. I looked at this list of games, and sorted by score. I looked at the top rated games, and other than MMORPG's it seems to me that the only ones that are ranked up there, are old. What do you all suggest? Offline RPG, that will dominate my life like Oblivion did for a while. If it is old, I'm ok with that, just prefer the newer, want to see what this 24in + 8800GTS is good for :D

or, what do you all play?

EDIT- I am looking at these, do yall have any experience with these?

LOTOR online- consider what 15 a month is worth to me...
Guild wars factions
EverQuest II: all of the expansion stuff. looking around.

I enjoyed the original guild wars, so all the expansions should be as good as well too.

Im looking for a good RPG to start now too. Im probably going to pick up KOTOR2 even though its old. Possibly oblivion, but I got bored with morrowind, so I dunno if i will get bored with oblivion too. Mass Effect is coming soon.

ehh, I didn't like witcher all that much. I only played for a little while though.

and oblivion is great, more centered and directed than morrowind. You can* do just as much wondering around, but you actually know what to do in oblivion. and I can't wait for mass effect :D

right now I am DL'ing the 7-day trial for lotor-o

Yea, In morrowind I just felt like, what am I suppose to do? And, In morrowind it seemed very repetitive, but I may try at it again soon, I explored like 5% of the whole area. Got the GOTY edition, so that adds all the expansion stuff too.

you need to get the guide. Best thing ever. Most people say guides are for noobs, but in that game it really increases the enjoyability I think. You can do SO much, I wanted to be able to actually do it all, so I got a guide. Most usefull thing ever. Go pick one up, and pick the game back up:D

I think it was all of the blasted reading and small font sizes in Morrowind. I probably sunk like 80 hours into that game and was just treading water. Oblivion, with the voice acting and more focused main plot, was much better imo. Sunk probably 300 hours into that game and the Shiver Isles and I did pretty much everthing that was possible. That was one amazing game....

KOTOR series is always great but you really have to play the first one to get the story right. You'll be kinda lost in KOTOR 2 if you haven't beaten the first game. I've replayed each of those games twice, something I rarely do. I played them each like nonstop for a week--I couldn't put em down or bring myself to play another game.

I think Gothic 3 is supposed to be fairly Oblivion-like but I've heard mixed reviews, especially about the weird control scheme. Maybe some one has an opinion on that?

RIght now I'm playing Darkstar One (it's no Freelancer but it's okay) and working through HL2 Episode 1. I need a new RPG, too. Offline, too. I've tried a lot of mmorpgs and I can't really get into them. Played WoW for a year but I got bored outta my skull after a while. Too repetitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom