Kane & Lynch on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiller.

In Runtime
Hi, I am currently playing Kane & Lynch on an ASUS M51Sn Laptop:

Windows Vista Service Pack 1, Core 2 Duo 1.83 GHz, 3 GB Ram, 9500M GS.

Can You Run It? says I should be able to run it optimally. For the most part, it runs smooth on high detail, but when I move the mouse to look around, or if there is a lot of things going on at once it's slow. I don't know why this...perhaps a driver issue?

Feedback would be great.

first, you're running Vista, so that right there is already about 10% gone in performance compared to XP... your computer has, at best, upper-mid-end gaming capabilities. I wouldn't put settings past Medium, with a mix of some high settings, maybe some low..

My goodness. I am sick of this. You do not, i repeat NOT, lost 10% of your gaming capabilities with Vista. I can run every game on Vista with at most a 2 FPS lost compared to XP. That is with XP having the card OC and Vista not.

People need to stop the Vista bashing. It is old get over it already. If you dont like it dont use it. For Pete's sake stop bashing those that do use it. It is our choice not yours.

It have been over 18 months now. Give it up.

BUT MAK, that 2fps IS 10% in crysis :p Btw, this game got HORRID ratings, so take that for what its worth.

That's what I was thinking. Perhaps the game doesn't allow your pc to maximize its performance?

My goodness. I am sick of this. You do not, i repeat NOT, lost 10% of your gaming capabilities with Vista. I can run every game on Vista with at most a 2 FPS lost compared to XP. That is with XP having the card OC and Vista not.

People need to stop the Vista bashing. It is old get over it already. If you dont like it dont use it. For Pete's sake stop bashing those that do use it. It is our choice not yours.

It have been over 18 months now. Give it up.

I don't bash people who use Vista, I bash the product itself because I have a right to an opinion; I am in no way making personal, tasteless attacks. My opinions about Vista are based on experience and benchmarks, which do show a decrease in performance in Vista for gaming. XP runs *slightly* better and has more stability/compatibility for gaming - you just can't argue about DX10, it has been proven very solidly that DX10 visuals are possible in DX9 and run more efficiently... so IMO, I feel that I have good reason to bash Vista.. some games take really drastic hits in performance in Vista, while others don't, but 99% of the time XP will be ahead in performance, whether by 1% or 100%, I have yet to see one game perform better - am I saying to go back to XP? No... not really worth the effort (especially for a laptop), but if I had a choice from the start, I would definitely NOT take Vista, as there is absolutely no reason to. Besides, that was only a part of my post.. I didn't put the blame squarely on Vista either...

anyway, the graphics card is what's bottlenecking him the most, the 9500GS is weaker than the 8600M-GT, it's still better than integrated but its basically an 8400GS, pretty poor performing card, and Kane and Lynch, as stated above, is not really a well-developed game, probably not optimized well at all

to the OP, what resolution you play at?

1280x800, which is my default.

And from what I've read, the 9500M GS is just a newer version of the 8600M GT...

What I don't understand is that Can You Run It? says I should be able to run it at an OPTIMAL level...

1280x800, which is my default.

And from what I've read, the 9500M GS is just a newer version of the 8600M GT...

What I don't understand is that Can You Run It? says I should be able to run it at an OPTIMAL level...

i ended up doing some research about the performance of the notebook 9 series cards, and I ended up not finding much at all, all I could find was that the desktop 9500GT is a slightly overclocked 8600GT

The 9500GS is an underclocked 9500GT - whether or not this applies to notebook 'M' types, I'm not entirely sure. But for suer a 9500gs isn't even comparable to an 8400gs, so I was wrong in that respect.

As for the 'Can You Run It' take the recommendations with a grain of salt. To them, runnable is probably at 30 fps, which I hardly find smooth at all, see what happens when you lower the resolution

Yeah...Notebookcheck rates the 9500M GS as the best GPU in Class 2...So it's nearly a Class 1 card. I run every other game I play optimally, it must just be that the game was very poorly developed as you said.

Notebookcheck: Comparison of Grafic Cards

Middle class GPU that ist about 10% faster than a similar clocked GeForce 8600M GT graphics adapter. Therefore, the card does not deliver enough performance for very high details with DirectX 10 effects of demanding games like Crysis.
Core Icon 475 MHz, 32 - unified, DX10 | Memory Icon 700 MHz, 128 Bit

I can run Crysis on Medium no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom