K Oblivan help again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Ok so Havoc buddy i need some help again. Im a badass muther trucker now and have loads of money. Grand Champion, Guild Master and ive invested in ALOT of shops and ive also got a house in each main castle area. Anyways i bought that manor in Anvil and ive found a portal thing in the basement. What do i gotta do to get through it or activate it or w/e?

Nubius said:
Oh yeah, I forgot about investing in shops. How do you do that?

You have to be a certain level of Mercantile. I'm pretty sure you have to be a Journeyman.

No I've been stumped, that was like 10 levels ago too, but I have other houses, and of course the Mages Guild quarters, and the theives guild quarters... so... no reason to get too picky about it.

On second thought, I'm gonna try throwing some magic at it, specifically shock, ill get back to you guys.

From Planetelderscrolls.com - excellent oblivion walkthrough
http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Walkthroughs.Detail&id=2

P.P After you've slept in the house and been awaken by the ghosts:

Down in the main sitting room, you find a broken vase that spilled out its contents of a skeletal hand and a page from a diary. From this, you learn that Velwyn's grandfather was a necromancer and grave-robber. Pick up both items, you will need them later.

I've found a skeletal hand next to a page from a diary. The diary makes mention of a secret room in the house that only a true-blooded Benirus can open. I am going to need to talk to Velwyn about this. I may have to ask around town to find out where he's gone.

You're going to need Velwyn's help if you are to investigate this further, and he fled town as soon as you paid over the cash. By asking of his whereabouts, you are informed that he spoke of going to the Imperial City. His exact location is very handily marked on your map. It directs you to the Elven Gardens district, where you need to consult the rumor-mill again. You find out that he's staying in the King and Queen Tavern.

I've found Velwyn at the King and Queen Tavern in the Imperial City. I should speak to him further about the manor and the strange goings-on within.

Once you corner him about the subject, he comes clean and admits to selling it cheap just to be rid of it and its problems. Asking him about the topics 'Lorgren Benirus' and 'Lift the Curse', he explains the situation and agrees to come back to Anvil and help you to open that sealed portal in the cellar. I guess he felt just a little guilty about selling the house without mentioning the curse.

After questioning Velwyn, I've learned that his grandfather dabbled in necromancy and was killed when the townspeople found out. Strangely, the body was never recovered. Since then, the house has been cursed. I need to convince Velwyn to come back with me to Anvil and lift the curse.

Velwyn agreed to meet me back in Anvil at the Count's arms. I should return there as soon as possible.

Back in the inn, he agrees to go with you and open the door for you. Follow him through town to the house, where, once inside, he asks you to take the lead. He's a bit of a coward when it comes down to the 'up close and personal' stuff!

Velwyn and I have arrived in Benirus Manor. I must proceed cautiously to the secret room's entrance and prevent any harm from befalling us if the curse is ever to be lifted from this place..

There are seven ghosts to deal with, two or three in the main house and the rest in the basement. You can either fight each one as you proceed, or dash past them, then hold them at bay while Velwyn does his stuff with the portal. The main thing is to keep them off him. Getting rid of them first is definitely the better option. Once the door opens, any remaining ghosts vanish and Velwyn turns and flees like the spineless coward he is!

*Note: some people have reported a bug here, where he never stops waving his hands over the doorway. The way to get around this is to talk to him, he'll tell you he's nearly done and the door then swings open. Perhaps it's intentional in order to allow you to dispatch the ghosts before venturing further.

Velwyn successfully opened the door to the secret room, which has stopped the ghosts from attacking. He then ran off, leaving me to clean up the mess. It's up to me, and me alone, to investigate what's beyond the mysterious portal..

Inside the room, which is marked all over the place with magical sigils, lies an altar with a long-dead skeleton laid out on it. You will notice this skeleton has a hand missing. Upon activating the altar, the eldritch voice of Lorgren Benirus speaks to you, insisting that you raise him up so he can undo the harm he did and lift the curse. Yeah right!

After touching the altar, I heard the voice of Lorgren Benirus. He said he wished to atone for his past and make peace with the Nines. All he wished was to be whole again. This must be the way to lift the curse from Benirus Manor. I should touch his skeleton whil I carry the bony hand and put an end to this madness.

Lorgren did indeed lie, and instead of him atoning for anything, he rises up as a Lich and immediately attacks you. Put it down as quickly as you can to avoid it conjuring in more undead to help it out. Once he's been disposed of, you can loot the body and the rest of the room, which contains a few goodies.

Completing the skeleton was a ruse and Lorgren rose from the dead! I had no choice but to destroy him. With his destruction, the curse of Benirus Manor was lifted. I should return to the Count's Arms and speak to Velwyn.

Now you find out why there wasn't any furniture-buying option. When you re-emerge from the cellar, you find your house transformed. Where before there were just empty rooms full of junk, now there are homely rooms, fully furnished, lit and ready to be lived in. Your dilapidated house that looked like being a lot of refurbishing work is now a fully furnished home. You can move in properly at this point.

To finish the quest, seek out Velwyn at the Count's Arms. He will apologize for running away, but is very pleased you managed to resolve the problem once and for all. He considers all his loose ends taken care of and goes back to live in the Imperial City. I consider this to be the best value home in the game; it's a largish place, quite posh, and you don't need to pay out any more on furnishings, unlike the others. As long as you can beat the Lich, you have a very nice, well-to-do house for very little outlay.

P.P. Mguire said:
Very nice thanx alot. I was wondering what was up haha.

no prob. that website is actually better then using the Guide (Book) you can find stuff a lot easier online. The book is nice for the pictures...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom