Just starting out in pc games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it was a good deal for $899 (despite what the others are saying). Building your own will always top what you get from dell (or any other pre-built), but it is good to start with. You could always replace the motherboard in it and go from there. ;)

I know people are always knocking pre-builts, but for someone that doesn't know computers that well and needs the support and really doesn't have to play the newest, greatest games, then they are fine. This PC you have will work to play some older FPS games and maybe some newer ones on low settings.

I just don't know that much about PC's to have the confidence to build my own. My older PC went down on me and I needed a new one fast...like the same day. I still have my older HP Pavillion a1110 lying around...could I rebuild it as a pure gaming PC? If yes could you guys direct me to some info on how to do it. Thanks.

p.s. I dont have a fortune too spend on this ...probably about $900

With $900 we can design you a brilliant gaming pc that will play all top of the line games. The fact that you said that wasn't much money for a computer justifies your ignorance (don't mean to offend) of computer hardware prices :) make a new thread in the hardware section at the top of the forums so that things can keep on topic

Whoever recommended to get Steam +1 rep :p ( I just checked it was Merk ) however don't get the Orange box! Since you don't have any Valve games at all, get the best deal ever ( seriously it is ), the entire Valve game list for $99.99, this includes the relatively new Left 4 Dead and Orange Box! Not to mention famous games like Counter Strike Source, DOD Source, etc etc etc. The list of games that come with the Valve complete pack is like +30 games. I wish I could unbuy all the Valve games and get my money back just to get this :p

truly...the best video game deal ever

Whoever recommended to get Steam +1 rep :p ( I just checked it was Merk ) however don't get the Orange box! Since you don't have any Valve games at all, get the best deal ever ( seriously it is ), the entire Valve game list for $99.99, this includes the relatively new Left 4 Dead and Orange Box! Not to mention famous games like Counter Strike Source, DOD Source, etc etc etc. The list of games that come with the Valve complete pack is like +30 games. I wish I could unbuy all the Valve games and get my money back just to get this :p

truly...the best video game deal ever

Agreed 100%.......I have pretty much every game in that pack, $99 is absolutely worth it.

I wish I could get back the hours of my life spent playing CS, DOD, HL2.......probably thousands of hours there.

Agreed 100%.......I have pretty much every game in that pack, $99 is absolutely worth it.

I wish I could get back the hours of my life spent playing CS, DOD, HL2.......probably thousands of hours there.

thousands of hours huh? you must be pretty good at CS and DOD then :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom