Just in: Star Craft 2 beta is back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're going to patch the game after launch to fix the LAN play, supposedly. Or something like that.

I don't think StarCraft II will have all of its bugs fixed by the time it launches. I've been playing the beta since it was released and its been slow to get all the issues out of the way. Phase 2 which started two days ago was less stable than Phase 1! At least they fixed the crash that occurred when you try to close the game.

Anyways, its a great game either way, and completely different than Starcraft: Broodwars. You cant use most of what you learned in the original and move to this one or you will be killed swiftly.

Different tactics, but game play is almost exactly the same. I only saw that crash after close on my friends MBP on Mac OS X. I haven't seen that issue on my desktop yet :tongue:

And that's what a beta is for ;) I'm sure everything will be all patched up on or soon after release day.

And even if they don't, there's always patches. :)

[Edit] By the way, Your right, it has the same gameplay and it takes about the same length of time to win or lose a game as with the original.

They stated there will be absolutely no LAN functions for the game, you can still have lan parties, but must connect to battle.net and pass all traffic to battle.net and then back to you.

This here "tournament support" sounds awfully close to LAN Play.. I wonder how this will be set up

StarCraft 2 getting post-launch tournament patch | Joystiq

EDIT: Wait, just read a few comments on it.. apparently it's for the larger tournaments that rake in money.. Oh well :tongue: This lack of LAN play doesn't bug be all that much because when I do LAN I usually connect to the Internet and play anyway :tongue:

The issue isn't the fact it's not there, it's the fact that many areas don't have connections that would permit non-profit lan parties from taking place. My high school sits on a T1 feed of some sort, anyways, I do know it has only TWO IP Addresses, currently, only 8-9 connections to a single realm can be made before you are IP Banned by Battle.net Explain how a lan party of 100+ will be able to play on sc2 and finish a tournament properly if you only have one, maybe two IP addresses?

Lan parties hosted around here are generally to raise funds for FBLA, with the way games are going, Lan parties, will no longer exist.

I am just tired of companies trying to force the, "it's the pirates fault we are doing this" down every ones throat for what they are doing. Has no one seen that Kotick or w/e his trash name is, is only in this for the money and doesn't want to do ANYTHING for the gaming communities?

Well I just got an Invitation to try the new StarCraft Beta today. Downloading it now but I won't have the time to play until this afternoon or this evening.

Me too, to bad this is the last weekend for it. Never played the first one so I have two days to figure it out before they take it away from me! Boo

lol i havent played much of sc1 but ive been whatching enough and i have a decent idea of how to play it im a fast learner tho so i hope i can catch up fast after launch. 9 MORE DAYS BOYS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom