Just played Q4 demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dhw200 said:
Not impressed. Its exactly like Doom 3 - an old school shooter with new graphics. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but ive come to expect innovation from id, not a rehash of old ideas. I have not been impressed by id's latest. Put it this way - > playing Half Life 2 was a completely different experience from Half Life. Playing Doom 3 or Quake IV was exactly like their predecessors.

yes half life 2 was a completely different experience from Half Life 1, and thats why i didn't like it as the first one. Half life 1 is the best game a i ever played in my life, but i was so dissapointed wih HL2 because the story and the gameplay were worser that the first one. So if HL2 was similar to HL1, i would like it more.

meh, very unimpressive game. First time I played it a couple days after it came out I just thought "Oh wow...I'm playing doom3 again except it's brighter out" and that's basically it.

Doom3 was boring as all hell and quake4 is basically just like it...I played Q4 for about 30 minutes if that and stopped and haven't played it since.

Doom3 I wound up just skipping to the boss so I could see the ending.

It still astonishes me how people are going crazy over Q4 and will say things like FEAR being the 'same old thing I've seen before' and boring, but somehow Q4 is seen as this 'whole new gaming experience'...........maybe those people don't notice that huge FOUR in the title.

Overall, boring...

Hmm .. I've never played any of the other Quake games, so that's probably part of my infatuation. F.E.A.R. is definitely different, though - I don't see how someone could say it's "the same old thing."

I agree with Nubius - the Quake franchise (and the Doom franchise) have absolutely no new blood in them. Its exactly like playing the old games. FEAR was a completely new experience, and a helluva a lot of fun.

Nubius said:
meh, very unimpressive game. First time I played it a couple days after it came out I just thought "Oh wow...I'm playing doom3 again except it's brighter out" and that's basically it.

Doom3 was boring as all hell and quake4 is basically just like it...I played Q4 for about 30 minutes if that and stopped and haven't played it since.

Doom3 I wound up just skipping to the boss so I could see the ending.

It still astonishes me how people are going crazy over Q4 and will say things like FEAR being the 'same old thing I've seen before' and boring, but somehow Q4 is seen as this 'whole new gaming experience'...........maybe those people don't notice that huge FOUR in the title.

Overall, boring...

how can u judge a game if u just played 30 min of it, quake4 is not borning like doom3, maybe u will feel that it is the same as doom3 at the bigginning but if u played it more u wouldn't feel that.
anyway i have completed quake4 a month ago and i really found that it is completely different from doom3.

woot6600GT said:
Q4 Is noticeably better graphically than Doom 3, at least in high grapics. The high poly cound is instantly noticeable.

well, the texture detail and poly counts are what really make Quake 4 look better. the shadowsn though have been toned down. your flashlight doesn't make objects cast shadows. but thats ok, it still looks fantastic and nobody would notice the flashlight shadows anyway.

as for the gameplay, everyone is right. Quake 4 does nothing new, and you know what? THERE IS ABSOLUTLY NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. Quake 4 is a blast to play. i dont' give a rats ass if it isn't innovative.

maroon1 said:
yes half life 2 was a completely different experience from Half Life 1, and thats why i didn't like it as the first one. Half life 1 is the best game a i ever played in my life, but i was so dissapointed wih HL2 because the story and the gameplay were worser that the first one. So if HL2 was similar to HL1, i would like it more.

How could you not like HL2???:eek:

lol @ worser.

HL2 was near the best gaming experience I ever had! I can't wait for HL2: Aftermath, but knowing Valve it will probably be 2010 before we see it.

hehe...HL2 was amazing and not a many days goes by that I don't play some part of HL2 because of such a great experience it provides! But, sadly to say, there are "those" who choose not to like HL2 for whatever the reason :( and that's cool cause everyone has an opinion and we come here to express it (thank you mister first amendment!). Anywho, Quake 4 is very nice but IMO HL2 still blows it out of the water. Nice job Valve...

::-Chase-::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom