Is it just me or are pc games getting boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
PC gaming, compared to console gaimgin is "slow" in the sense that PC games aren't released as often--good ones anyway.

The thing is that PC gaming is different than console gaming. I had a freind over and i sat him down and forced him to play BF2, HL2, and FEAR because he wouldn't shut up about console shooters. he walked away amazed and came back just so he could play more of it because consoles don't have anythign like it.

It really annoys me when people make threads like "PC gaming is DEAD!" or "PC vs. Console" or this one for that matter, because people don't understand that the real pourpose isn't for gaming, but for work. the Xbox, PS3, Nintendo, the only thign those are good for is games--period.

I don't see anyone doing C++, typing a document, or doing 3D animation on an Xbox.

PC gaming isn't boring, its just not as often you hear about PC games because PC's aren't the first thing most people think about when games are involved.

PC's mainly for work? I doubt it.
PC's can be used for anything.
Whether it would be games, writing, designing graphics, programming,
etc.

Some people design graphics, write, or program stuff for fun.
While other people don't consider that as fun.
PC's aren't just for work.
It's just that some people have different desires to do whatever they want on the PC's.

Consoles are good for gaming, except it depends on the type of games you play for the controls.

I've got (1) PC now that I use for absolutely everything and I'm in the process of building my ultimate gamer... I'm almost 80% complete on parts. I'm just waiting for the G71's to launch and i'm going to wait until the new WD 150G raptors drop a bit... Then... I'll have my 2 PC's.

I love pc gaming Iv actually gone off console gaming latly find it boring and doesnt last long. Its for the pick up and play type pc gaming lasts longer. Although pc`s are used for more things as Sw1tCh[FX] said, I use mine for c++ and as most pc owners use it for is the internet.

pc gaming isnt boring too me although I play anything from a flight simulator, farcry and total war.

People complain about FPS on pc saying thier all the same well console games all copy GTA look at HULK and spiderman games just grand theft auto with a different name. Things get stale once in awhile but there will always be a new innovative game, that comes out that makes you love pc or console games again.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't think its the PC games that suck, I think im just loosing interest. Back when I was 12 years old, I could sit at the computers for hours on end playing games. I remembered hating to have to sleep, but I was always so excited to get up in the morning and start playing again.

Now I am lucky if I will play any game for an hour or two. In fact there are few games I will even spend time on, and usually those games are sequals to ones I loved years ago. I have also pretty much given up on consoles, they only time I play them now, is when I am at a friends.

It seems like now I am more into building the computer itself that actually using it for gaming :p

I think some people naturally grow out of their desire to game, and if they don't they only casually game when they have time. Others it seems like never grow out of gaming, and will continue to do it for the better part of their lives. Thats my opinion anyways.

Many people quit gaming in their late teens due to things such as college, time, money, and friends. Its pretty natural for such a thing to occur, and a few keep gaming on into their college years and 20s. Thats why this forum has so many 13-17 year olds, then the age population drops rapidly after that.

beedubaya said:
Many people quit gaming in their late teens due to things such as college, time, money, and friends. Its pretty natural for such a thing to occur, and a few keep gaming on into their college years and 20s. Thats why this forum has so many 13-17 year olds, then the age population drops rapidly after that.

true very true
After reading what you wrote bee dubya, now I'm wondering how old most people are on this forum.

I also agree with Blackmoore. I used to be playing pc games for hours, but now I partially lost some interest in video games. Most games are similar nowadays, but different story line thats all.

I too seem to be having a declining interest in PC-Games. I imagine it's a combination of their waning novelty to me (I started playing in the 3rd grade for Pete's sake) and growing out of them I suppose. I keep hoping one's going to come along to spark my flare for them all over again, but I'm becoming less and less optimistic about that.

Same here I'm just getting less interested in gaming, if I play games for like 3 hours I just feel like I'm wasting my time so instead I study or something. I think the prime time where you can actually fully enjoy games is when you are 8-16, that was my experience at least. After that I havnt found anything that I really love and will play again in years to come. Also long term playing games is pointless which really contributes to me not liking gaming as much. I'd rather try to get something under my belt (like the A+ certification), since that will be nice to have going into university.

Wow you all have made me super depressed about computer gaming:(.....I mean I was very excited about my pc coming but now im just sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom