Is it just me or are pc games getting boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

saikojay

Baseband Member
Is it just me or are pc games beginning to get boring?
FPS games are beginning to get old.
So are strategy and rpg games.....
It feels like the pc games are slow as **** now.
EB games doesn't have as many pc games in their inventory like they used to.
Is anyone feeling the same as I am?

Any suggestions for a fun game?
:)

yeah i know exactly what u are talking about. i used to be a FPS fan but then i kinda noticed that they were all exactly the same. u used to be at the point 4-6 yrs ago when AI was just that ppl ran at you (except HL whcih was good) and u used to laugh at it and think what if..... Now AI has improved to the point where it is not as stupid as it used to be but a tad more realistic so ppl pick flaws in it comparing it to real ppl.

strategy i havent played much of but what i have played is very much the same.

the last rpg i played was diablo 2.

and i have to agree. u walk into EB at least here in australia and the budget bin has more games than the new releases.

as for fun games go for the oldies. C&C red alert is a classic, and RA2 is alright. i personally like Blitzkrieg the first one.

saikojay said:

It feels like the pc games are slow as **** now.
Any suggestions for a fun game?
:)

um... If the specs in your PC are the same as in your sig.. Then that would explain why they are slow as **** now.

You need to upgrade a bit... Then you'll see that recent PC games are not boring...

FPS game "slide shows" are boring...

game producers pick strategic times to put out games. It's only a month after the winter holidays, so not a lot of companies are going to release games. I don't really agree, I love my Half-Life 2. Although death match is the only game keeping me going, if you have it download some mods. heres a site where you can get them http://www.hlgaming.com/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=36
there are many other sights like this but I'm too lazy right now to go through my bookmarks and find them.
-------------------------
or you could just go to search games in steams store tab(don't worry 3rd party mards are free) download brain bread, insane w00tage. It's a multiplayer game were you fight A.I.(ok so that part is lame but it gets better) zombies, but if you get bitten by one... you become one! then you have to eat a certain ammount of people to become human again.
um... If the specs in your PC are the same as in your sig.. Then that would explain why they are slow as **** now.
i didn't care to look up his clock speed, so you may be right, but i think he means its a slump in the ammount of games being produced.

Are there any good upcoming games that are gonna be released?
For me, I'm open minded so I'd play any game that's good.

saikojay said:
Well I meant the pc industry is slow as **** now. lol
yeah thats what i thought. I recently bought the Half-Life 1 anthology, really cool, brings me back. It includes the original HL1, CS, BlueShift(not very good though), and Opposing force. I also bought the original Day of Defeat, its funny, i havn't played DoD yet, but all the other games that are included. For example, this game Ricochet. Its sooo cool, i never played it before and if you ever loved the movie Tron(big fan!) than you will love this! its like a disk throwing game, pretty cool. personnaly I think sport games are silly(why don't you go and play the real thing?!) and Ricochet is the closest I've gotten to playing a sports game, I love it! It also came with deathmatch classic that a got back into. oh the memories *tear*sniffle*tear* so fond of my HL1.

There are some pretty cool games under development ATM. Im really looking forward to Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and Medieval 2: Total War. The industry is always slow right now. It'll pick up again in the spring, summer, and launch into high gear during the Christmas season

The Godfather may be a game I'm looking forward to and the upcoming hitman game.
I was thinking about getting this game called 25 to Life.... but donno if it's worth it.

Welcome for any thoughts or opinions :p

The PC gaming industry has been irritating me aswell lately, theres been nothing new and innovative out really. Sure the graphics and AI have been improved, but no games that I really thought WOW afterwards, and know I will be playing that game again for years to come. The only game for me that had potential to do this was "Vampires the masquerade bloodlines" I thought it was a very neat game but I stopped playing because the amount of bugs really ****ed me off. I mean it wasnt the action or crashing glitches that really bothered me, I could have played through those. It was the the dialog was buggy and I cant stand missing dialog options and such. The last game that really has done it for me is Fallout 2.

Unless you count fan made games, in which case I can hosestly say I liked 7 days a skeptic over FEAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom