just finished HL2!! wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all those people that got the collectiors edition.....

I JUST FINISHED HALF-LIFE 2....
post-1-1100716824.jpg

AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS T-SHIRT!

biggjoee5790,
If you thought HL2's story ending was bad, you should find the time to place the orginal HL and HL:Opposing Forces......

>>>> ORGINAL HL AND OPPOSING FORCES SPOILER SPACE <<<<<
Both ending there really sucked.

ORGINAL HL - Gordon kills off the boss, and then G-Man comes along giving you the choice of Live and work for him, of Die. At the time, I though I was fighting the same forces that G-Man. However now after playing HL2, I realised that I was wrong in the assumption.
This ending sucked so badly that i remember it was giving Game Spot's No. 1 WORST COMPUTER GAMING ENDING for 1999.

OPPOSING FORCE - G-Man teleports you to limbo again. And then tell you that you are too valuable to kill off, however too dangerous to let live. So he leave you there. Again, I though I was fighting the same forces that G-Man. However now after playing HL2, I realised that I was wrong in the assumption.

>>>> SPOILER SPACE END <<<<<

Personally, i did not mind the HL2 story ending the way it did. I was more let down by the last level being way too easy. Like the new improved Gravity gun was way too over powered IMHO. However it was play with.

biggjoee5790 said:
do you think aftermath will give us some answers?

We will most likely find out some of the immedate ansewrs like ELi, DR kliener, Mossman, Brine and DOG. The Combine's next few steps iin the invasion and strip mining of earth will most likely to be reveiled. With out a dought, the Combine are going to be plenty ****ed.

How know..... Aftermath might have Gordon waking up another 20 year later.

Metr01973 said:
HL2:Aftermath is being released April24th (well that's what Valve have told us, just look how long HL2 took to come out) anyway here's the link - http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halflife2/news.html?sid=6142119&q=aftermath
What is the go with the release date. I talk to EB Games, and they say July 2006.
Are steam subscribers getting HL2:Aftermath earlier than the box release?

Re: Re: just finished HL2!! wtf?

Harper said:
For all those people that got the collectiors edition.....

I JUST FINISHED HALF-LIFE 2....
post-1-1100716824.jpg

AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS T-SHIRT!

biggjoee5790,
If you thought HL2's story ending was bad, you should find the time to place the orginal HL and HL:Opposing Forces......

>>>> ORGINAL HL AND OPPOSING FORCES SPOILER SPACE <<<<<
Both ending there really sucked.

ORGINAL HL - Gordon kills off the boss, and then G-Man comes along giving you the choice of Live and work for him, of Die. At the time, I though I was fighting the same forces that G-Man. However now after playing HL2, I realised that I was wrong in the assumption.
This ending sucked so badly that i remember it was giving Game Spot's No. 1 WORST COMPUTER GAMING ENDING for 1999.

OPPOSING FORCE - G-Man teleports you to limbo again. And then tell you that you are too valuable to kill off, however too dangerous to let live. So he leave you there. Again, I though I was fighting the same forces that G-Man. However now after playing HL2, I realised that I was wrong in the assumption.

>>>> SPOILER SPACE END <<<<<

Personally, i did not mind the HL2 story ending the way it did. I was more let down by the last level being way too easy. Like the new improved Gravity gun was way too over powered IMHO. However it was play with.

We will most likely find out some of the immedate ansewrs like ELi, DR kliener, Mossman, Brine and DOG. The Combine's next few steps iin the invasion and strip mining of earth will most likely to be reveiled. With out a dought, the Combine are going to be plenty ****ed.

How know..... Aftermath might have Gordon waking up another 20 year later.

What is the go with the release date. I talk to EB Games, and they say July 2006.
Are steam subscribers getting HL2:Aftermath earlier than the box release?

ive played HL1.. up until hl2, that game was my favorite ever. but like you said.. the ending sucked. i guess its just valves way of leaving room for more episodes

I am currently playing both HL1 and HL2. I never beat HL1, only played few levels few years ago. I think I almost finished HL1 now. I just beat the huge spider.
I played HL2 for the first time a few weeks ago. It is a great game. CoD2 is more exciting, though.

"What is the go with the release date. I talk to EB Games, and they say July 2006.
Are steam subscribers getting HL2:Aftermath earlier than the box release?"

I'm pretty sure it's being released through Steam first and then the boxed version will hit the shelves. But you know what Valve are like, could be 2007 before we see HL2:A

Metr01973 said:
could be 2007 before we see HL2:A

:) thats true..you really never know... and even when it does come out... theyll be patching for another 2 years before the game actually becomes playable. thats valve for you.. but HL2 is a masterpiece so i cant hate them too much

dont you think its better that you down know what happened after the explosion.. that was the reason all that B.S G man was talking about i had no clue what he was talking about but that leaves me with good Anticipation about the next release

homerj14 said:
dont you think its better that you down know what happened after the explosion.. that was the reason all that B.S G man was talking about i had no clue what he was talking about but that leaves me with good Anticipation about the next release

very true

what anticipation for the next release? you know the story will be every bit as vague as the first 2.

personaly i think g man is a time traveler and using you to change the course of history...at least thats what it looks like to me anyway. he's obviously using some kind of teleporter without an actual machine

solaris said:
what anticipation for the next release? you know the story will be every bit as vague as the first 2.

personaly i think g man is a time traveler and using you to change the course of history...at least thats what it looks like to me anyway. he's obviously using some kind of teleporter without an actual machine

yea there is a bunch of time skipping and stopping involved. but who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom