Just Finished Crysis..My Impressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
isnt Crysis Warhead an expansion? It's listed for $29.99. I want to play Crysis Warhead the most! Crysis can be feed to Drizzt5's panda for all i care.

Is it an expansion? That would explain that price... I was just thinking to myself earlier that if it wasn't an expansion I would buy it in a bundel with my next gpu, lol.

gtx 360 - comes with free crysis warhead!

But, as for it being better then cod4.... seriously, if you want to play a game that is linear and just running straight through the game then I guess it's for you.
Being linear isn't necessarily bad. It has quite a good storyline attached to it. The gameplay also wasn't sacrificed over the storyline either.
But for crysis, I won't deny that it wins a place in my heart because you had MANY options in the game. Did you want to run in and bash an enemy down with your super speed? Do you wanna hurl a truck at someone? Do you wanna jump over a truck!? Do you wanna cloak onto a bridge, get cornerd, then jump of the bridge and speed away?

The fact that the game gave you limitless control of how you could dispatch and run away from your enemies deserves it SOME credit.

But I agree with you, it's a pretty game that needed alot to live up to the hype it got, and it didn't live up to it all that well.
The sandbox aspect of Crysis is one of the best parts.
I personally liked being stealth/sniping (picking good hiding spots, but keeping on changing locations to make it even harder for them to find you), or using stealthy ambush/explosives tactics (including making vehicles explode), combined with flashbangs

Being linear isn't necessarily bad. It has quite a good storyline attached to it. The gameplay also wasn't sacrificed over the storyline either.
The sandbox aspect of Crysis is one of the best parts.
I personally liked being stealth/sniping (picking good hiding spots, but keeping on changing locations to make it even harder for them to find you), or using stealthy ambush/explosives tactics (including making vehicles explode), combined with flashbangs

COD4 story line was decent, i did like the ending alot, it was pretty bad ***.

The only part of cod4 that i was like "W-T-F! AWESOME!" was when you go into that flash back and your in an undercover mission to assisnate that one dude. Running through enemy vehicles and stuff was kind of awesome, following that guy in his camo, rofl!

But still, being linear, it's not a game that I was overly impressed with.

Unlike crysis though, cod4 kept me playing after key parts in the story, rather then being like 'eh, ill finish it later'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom