Just Finished Crysis..My Impressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
Well...I have just finished Crysis, and I have mixed feelings about the game.

The graphics are top notch, and when you walk thru the jungle the leaves on the trees and bushes move if you rub up against them....that was cool.
The story was also ok...and the voice acting was ok...but definitely nothing special.

Even with the custom configuration that I used...the last level Boss fight ran pretty much like a slideshow....that sucked and is not real exceptable to me....know that other games run WAY more smooth.

The AI was just horrid at times in this game...I mean at times it was good....then at times it was literally just like a low budget B movie.
not very good for a game with all this hype.

I had a blast playing the game until I got to that no gravity stuff in the alien ship....that to me is where the game turned for the worse....most of the fun left at that point for me, and only returned for small burst of time from there until the end.

ALL of the hype to this game was graphics in my opinion...nothing in the gameplay was very special....matter of fact alot of other games offer more in that aspect....but noone can argue the fact that is is PRETTY!

I ran into alot of little annoying bugs....nothing that killed the game for me. just things that should have been polished up before release.

I would recommend the game to anyone that has not played it....I guess I was probly expecting alittle too much.

My biggest gripe of all would have to be the performance....It really is not very good in my opinion....I heard people say on some different forums that 20FPS in this game was still smooth....well personally 20 FPS in this game seemed just like 20FPS in any other game to me....that feeling is NOT SMOOTH. This is a better benchmark than a game.

I recommend it....it was fun....it was pretty.....but as an overall game it does not touch Bioshock or CoD4 in my opinion.

anywat.....that is my 2 cents....I hope i don't sound like I hate the game....because i had fun playing it....like i said....I think i expected more....maybe expected to much.

I agree.. the zero gravity part bored me almost to stop playing the game... and there was a little bit of fun near the end when you run away from the aliens. They could of done better is the basic way to describe it, MUCH better...

But, as for it being better then cod4.... seriously, if you want to play a game that is linear and just running straight through the game then I guess it's for you. But for crysis, I won't deny that it wins a place in my heart because you had MANY options in the game. Did you want to run in and bash an enemy down with your super speed? Do you wanna hurl a truck at someone? Do you wanna jump over a truck!? Do you wanna cloak onto a bridge, get cornerd, then jump of the bridge and speed away?

The fact that the game gave you limitless control of how you could dispatch and run away from your enemies deserves it SOME credit.

But I agree with you, it's a pretty game that needed alot to live up to the hype it got, and it didn't live up to it all that well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom