JFK Reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Anyone play this?

I got it last week, it's only $9.99 so I thought, what the hell why not...

Anywho for those who don't know all the game is about is recreating JFK's Assassination. You are the sniper, his car drives by and you get points based on how accurate your shots were to what really happened. They even have a contest...whoever can most closely recreate it will get atleast $10,000 and up to $100,000 in a drawing.

you can download it at www.jfkreloaded.com and if you want to buy it they just 'activate' it.

It's a real small download, but I found it to be a rather intriguing game although most will just think it sick and twisted.

I dont think anyone should have brought this up. This is sick and twisted and I cant imagine why someone would want to profit from some other persons death. If some one is smart enough to think about this game and then put a family member in JFK's position I bet all of the thoughts that this game is interesting will vanish...so I wish you wouldnt have brought this up...

I dont think anyone should have brought this up. This is sick and twisted and I cant imagine why someone would want to profit from some other persons death. If some one is smart enough to think about this game and then put a family member in JFK's position I bet all of the thoughts that this game is interesting will vanish...so I wish you wouldnt have brought this up...
Ok then don't post here dude, simple as that.

This isn't a 'Post your opinion on if you think it's sick and twisted' thread.

I wanted to know who played it and what they thought of the game being that this is a PC Gaming section.

NOTICE IF YOU DONT APPROVE OF THIS GAME.. DONT COMMENT. THIS THREAD IS FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE PLAYED IT, WHO WISH TO PLAY IT AND THEN MAKE A POST ON WHAT THEY THEN THOUGHT OF IT.

I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR A BUNCH OF COMPLAINING AND WHINING ABOUT HOW SICK IT IS AND "IT SHOULDNT BE BROUGHT UP"

What people can't seem to understand is, if you don't agree with it, then walk on by and don't try and force feed your opinions to me.

Does it run on 400MHz/32MBVRAM?
Not 100% sure, it's really simplistic, but they put amazing detail towards actual real world physics.

Instead of looking at it like 'oh we're profiting from his death' why don't you look at the simple fact that there are a hundred different conspiracy theories and this is helping to realize one single theory to find out once and for all whether it's true or not. Simple as that.

Point is I can't stress enough....if you don't agree with it, then close your eyes to the bad world around you and go about like nothing ever happened

in the new age of no taste selling better than taste when i originally heard of this game i figured it fell into the no taste category, but as usual the car wreck syndrome got me and i still wanted to check it out.

i was surprised to find out that the game is actually interesting. while it does take advantage of someone's death it does also explore the history behind it rather than just the death itself (although that is obviously the basis of the game)

And while doing that, it even more goes into video game physics and how trajectory is affected by different conditions. while yeah the outer shell is taking advantage of someones death, one of the most popular presidents at that, it does have an underlying core thats very interesting and you find yourself more intrigued by that than the face value.

but it definantly isnt for everybody, and i wouldnt necessarily recomend it to anybody i didnt know, it WAS interesting.

basically people need to stop being so politically correct and judgemental and look at things for what they are.

Ok, so I thought about this some and avoiding any possible quarrel...I just wanted to say that the game takes a blunt approach to what games I tend to paly. WWII games have been modeled after the deaths of soldiers in the wars and the problems that they faced. BFV, same thing. You know the titles, there are plenty out there. It just seems that this one is such a smack in the face to me and most other people that we forget that we also play games, that have unfortunatley, profited off of wars, pain, death and suffering of other people.

I am sorry for posting what I did but I just coulnd let this go by without something being said about it.

That's the problem man, is people who 'just couldnt let it go'......if it bugs you then start a thread on why you feel the way you do. That'd be like me going in to yours and being like NAH GAMEGURU THAT"S RIDICULOUS, Sry I just couldn't let that go! And you would wish that I did, because there's no point in saying it besides to simply cause arguement.

No offense taken dude, but seriously, when it's not a thread about whether you think it's right or wrong, then you do need to let it go as it's already been said by a hundred million other people. It gets tiresome just like if your mom nagged you about your hair cut and she replies 'Sorry I just cant let it go'

It's like this comic I saw who made a joke on it and the audience said AHHHHH like it was cold hearted and he just replied 'Oh Im sorry too soon?' it was 40 freakin years ago people. It's a part of history and part of the glory that comes with being a president is fame and being in the public spotlight even in death....especially in death because humans have that curiosity about the death of ourselves.

Besides that, JFK was human just like the rest of us, he had mistresses, drank, of course there speculation of cocaine use, mafia intervention.......but people don't notice that do they? Nooooo they only focus on 'he was a man of the people and he died so that means everyone has to praise him'

Not hardly, he was human, he made mistakes, he did things he wasn't supposed to, and he died.

Now if they make a game where I get to play the roman army and nail jesus to the cross then maybe I'll say the game industry has stepped over a line.

They aren't profiting from his death either, they take the $9.99 and put it towards their contest. This is trying to prove once and for all what really happened if it is at all possible. Proving or disproving the 'magic bullet' is part of american history, part of JFK's history and there's no ignoring it.

Like geek said up there, people need to stop being so politically correct and afraid to offend someone. The point is of course some people will be offended. 6 Billion people on the earth and you really expect everyone of us to get along simply by ignoring all that is known as real life?

I don't know about you but there are far worse things going on than a president who was assassinated 40 years ago.

People just want something to gripe about so they are noticed. Reminds me of cartmans mom from south park......which is precisely who matt stone and trey parker are making fun of, those who just want something to gripe about that doesn't even pretain to them.

Sorry for the rant, but yeah I'm tired of hearing this same crap over and over

EDIT:
that we forget that we also play games, that have unfortunatley, profited off of wars, pain, death and suffering of other people.
Mucho respect towards you for atleast seeing it in that perspective guru. It's the same concept as a fat person trying to say smoking is unhealthy. Not to again quote southpark but there was on where rob reiner was on stuffing his face with food at every scene and was saying 'CIGERETTES ARE BAD'

I think people have forgotten, no one on earth is sinless and above all. "Thou Shalt not Judge" as that's gods duty not ours

Ok, I will let this topic go on with it's buisness.

Anyways, thanks for the forgivness

A few questions
1: How long is the game?
2: Is there more to the gameplay than shooting the same guy in the same situation over and over again?
3: How are the controls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom