ive been building my comp for a year! for nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not an expert at all in computer pieces but i can say from my own experience that only switching from a 330 watt Power supply to a 550 watt increased performences drastically.My vidcard seems more powerful just like everything else.Whats you psu?

yes, 150 watts.

seriously, why are you so afraid of reformatting? just backup everything and start clean. as about the ram, get new ram if you really think that's the problem. and get a bettter HDD.

i am not afraid to reformat, i am just lazy, and it takes like 2 hours to do everything

well is there i a differense in performanse? between the 400 and a 500?

and what is the best amount of watts that i need for good performanse? (so there will be plenty enough energy to support all the components enough to let them run on their best?

because a friend tells me that i will be fine with a 400 w

but i have a suspision that it just wont be enough

P4

3 Ghz

1 gig of ram dual channel DDR400

radeon 9800xt 256 mb 256 bit

a 32 bit motherboard with 800mhz bus

If your computer isn't supplying enough power to the components, they won't perform very well.

My suggestion to you is that you reformat and if that doesn't fix the problem, then you will want to get a new power supply. For that rig I would do 450+ watts.

In a year, it took you that time to build a computer. In a year, they've came out with faster, better techonolgy, which you could probably get for the same price.

You find the best deals, i bet you could build a computer for 1500$ and it be one of the top computer w/ everything good in it.

One year is unbelivably to long to build a comp. Its all out dated, new games = better computers needed.

Shouldve waited til PS3 comes out : P Wouldve been better BANG for your buck.

KiDrIoT69 said:
In a year, it took you that time to build a computer. In a year, they've came out with faster, better techonolgy, which you could probably get for the same price.
Over all, it better just to save up BIG and get yourself a computer as appose to one part at a time.

Or least save up for the basic barebone that will get you started. Then purchase the flash stuff like better video card, more ram, larger hard drive at a later point.

it took me that long because, i saved up a little, bought something, saved up more bought another part ETC.

i find it more interesting and knolegable than just byuing a pc.

i dont think my comp is THAT outdated, it will still be good for the next 5 years, believe me all my friends have much worse computers

slavich said:
it took me that long because, i saved up a little, bought something, saved up more bought another part ETC.

i find it more interesting and knolegable than just byuing a pc.
Yeah, but thing is that you save up big and buy all the parts you need in one shot. Or last least enough parts to get you working.

Like what is the point in purchasing a new motherboard for the new Socket LGA775 CPU and PCI-E when do not have a enough money for the CPU or Video Card. (and you don't all ready have a LGA775 CPU or PCI-E Video Card.

slavich said:
i dont think my comp is THAT outdated, it will still be good for the next 5 years, believe me all my friends have much worse computers
5 years on a gaming rig........ I like to see that. Most gaming rigs are lucky to last 3.
Some times I am replacing parts where there is still some manufacturers warranty on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom