It's coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

S0ULphIRE

Golden Master
Mount & Blade : Warband is coming in March...WHO'S EXCITED!!! :grin:

I doubt anyone here plays M&B, it's not very well known. But here's a note to all who have yet to experience its awesomeness: hurry up and get it!

Seriously, give it a try. It looks a little 'meh' but the gameplay is amazing. Warband is gonna add MP support and fix the '02 style graphics. Those were pretty much the only complaints I had with the game.
It's basically a RPG, kinda a cross between...actually I don't know what it's like. You travel a map, overview style, and go 3rd person in towns where you can buy armor/weapons, fight in tournaments and arenas, and get missions from the town/castle lords or king. You can lay siege to enemy castles and towns, and either wait out their food supply or charge their defences.
There's also open battles, where you fight mobile enemy forces you encounter on the map. You can take prisoners, loot the dead, sell/ransom off prisoners or imprison them in keeps in towns you own. It's one of the most rich and diverse games I've ever played.

Mount&Blade
mount-and-blade.jpg

Hmmm, the environments seem up to par, but the character models are not. This kind of annoys me. The graphical power of today's pc is soo much beyond this. This game is an exclusive. There is no console factor to limit it. Clearly it doesn't have that huge of a budget.

Still, I suppose I can wait till it is reviewed to make my final judgement even if it doesn't look that good from the one video I watched of it. Movement looks kinda clunky like oblivion.

Mount & Blade Review - PC Review - at IGN

8/10, with Gameplay and Lasting Appeal being its big sellers.
That's why I'm so excited about the upcoming release, it addresses the first release's poor graphics and general sparseness and keeps the great style of gameplay that makes the first one so addictive.

edit: oh, and yeah there's a demo. It's a try before you buy thing. You'll be able to play the game fully until you hit character level 7. http://www.taleworlds.com/mb_download.html

And on the same site, a 7.4 Critic score and an 8.8 User score...

They really trashed the quests/missions in the game too, and rightly so. They do kinda suck. But you don't have to do them, you can basically create your own quests and do your own thing for the whole game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom