intergrated GFX 6100

Status
Not open for further replies.

fr34ky

!!GAMER!!
Doing a samll build with Athlon 64 3000+ (via 754)
OCZ Premier Series 512mb

Well anyways my real question is if this on-board video can play on any games like
cs:1.6 or source
BF:1942 and up (except BF:2)
All of the GTA series
WoW
Around there u get my point.

I've never heard of the gfx 6100 but most intergrated graphics can't really deal with the demanding 3d graphics from such games as you've listed. If you're on a tight budget you can pick up the Geforce 6600GT at a very reasonable price, less than £120(GBP). I personaly would reccomened getting a graphics card rather than using the onboard card.

kinda wasnt on a budget just wondering if that intergrated card is alright but guess I'll put a card in.I got a 6600gt Pci x16 laying around, was just wondering If I didnt have guess I will.

well id recommend the video card he said, but referring to your post, I can play cs 1.6, WOW(apparently, never tried it tho and it's probably slow) and the sims with onboard graphics for my laptop. It used to be good.

The real question is if you have a 6600gt lying around why wouldnt you put it in? Onboard graphics cards are great if you dont play video games, or if you only play 4 year old games. My guess is that witht he onboard one the only game that will run well is cs 1.6.

Well I meant of the ones he listed. Theres tons of games that are good (older games) that will run on the system.

System shock 2...
Monkey island (I have probably about 1k times the video requirements for this game)...

If you've got a 6600gt "lying" about you couold throw it my way, if you wanted to use the intergrated card.LOL

The 6100 integrated is nothing too special. Better than the x200 integrating some systems come with, though. It's can play some games but obviously an actual card is going to be way better, not to mention will free up memory that would otherwise be used by your onboard graphics.

Mr_Threepwood said:
The real question is if you have a 6600gt lying around why wouldnt you put it in? Onboard graphics cards are great if you dont play video games, or if you only play 4 year old games. My guess is that witht he onboard one the only game that will run well is cs 1.6.

Well this system isnt for me and I wasnt sure about intergrated GFX.Just wanted to know if those games would play and since that wont work I will just put the 6600 in.Wasnt wanting to put my 6600 in thats why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom