Interesting thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah mario bros , where you can get 99 free men by jumping just right on the turtle.....love it!

It's called the learning/difficulty curve, every (good) game has one. You get to the point where you 'feel invinsible', only to be slaughtered by 3 boss enemies or whatever, but with practice you defeat them, move on etc... Or am I missing your point PizzatheHut06?

GameGURU said:
Golden Eye 64, one of the most insanley good games on earth.

Absolutely. Considering too that it was a FPS on a console, it shook the very foundations of the gaming world. A true classic. Man, I wish those N64 emu's would work properly hehe...

DoomUK said:
It's called the learning/difficulty curve, every (good) game has one. You get to the point where you 'feel invinsible', only to be slaughtered by 3 boss enemies or whatever, but with practice you defeat them, move on etc... Or am I missing your point PizzatheHut06?

Kinda like that, except a bit different. I've played quite a few games that I've gotten good at through tons of playing, but with Goldeneye and Super Smash Bros., something different just clicked. It's like I'm better at those two games than I am at any other two. It's weird and hard to explain.

Then that means you've played them too much lol :p

No, I know what you mean. A prime example is the entire FPS multiplayer scene; why do we have world-class gamers competing for a enormous prize, a la Quakecon etc? Because they know the games like the back of their hand, and play them religiously.

DoomUK said:
Man, I wish those N64 emu's would work properly hehe...

>.> they do..
try project 64. with proper settings it can run 64 games FLAWLESSLY and yes this includes goldeneye. the only problem i find is the controls, the keyboard is out of the question and my ps2 controller doesn't have a Z button xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom