Intel gamers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
woot6600GT said:
me too, rig in sig.

Game Guru, if ur gonna upgrade, the jump to a 3200 prolly aint worth it . Make it substantial, get a 3700 San Diego or something. And the DFI Lanparty nForce 4 Ultra-D is much better than the Asus A8V. In fact, asus boards are very buggy when it comes to AMD. Great intel boards, horrible AMD

dhw200 said:
Game Guru, if ur gonna upgrade, the jump to a 3200 prolly aint worth it . Make it substantial, get a 3700 San Diego or something. And the DFI Lanparty nForce 4 Ultra-D is much better than the Asus A8V. In fact, asus boards are very buggy when it comes to AMD. Great intel boards, horrible AMD

Asus rocks, they are the best for overclocking. Ask anyone.

Dont get me wrong because I have an abit board too, second favorite.

Now I get what you mean about making a significant jump to a higher level system. Thanks for the advice.

dhw200 said:
okay...the DFI Lanparty boards are hands down the best OCers around. Want proof?

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1768

Ask any of the TF vets around here. DJ Chris, Nubius, Beedubya, Gaara, Diablo II...

No proof, because we can both twist it our own ways. It's all opinion.

I know beedub well man, I've been here as long as him, longer than Nubius, longer than diablo, and longer than DJ Chris, all of which I have profound respect for.

Okay, and it is fairly common knowledge that the Asus AMD boards are buggy, and not very well built. They make spectacular Intel boards - i wont deny that. They just havent nailed AMD down yet. DFI has. the DFI Lanparty series is hands down the best overclocking motherboard in the world

dhw200 said:
Okay, and it is fairly common knowledge that the Asus AMD boards are buggy, and not very well built. They make spectacular Intel boards - i wont deny that. They just havent nailed AMD down yet. DFI has. the DFI Lanparty series is hands down the best overclocking motherboard in the world

What would you say is best performance for the AMD CPU's?

the DFI Lanparty boards are the best boards for AMD in every conceivable way. only problem is that they have so many overclocking options, a newb who has never OCed before attempts to do so and might be overwhelmed by the plethora of options available. Check out www.dfi-street.com if that ever happens to u

dhw200 said:
the DFI Lanparty boards are the best boards for AMD in every conceivable way. only problem is that they have so many overclocking options, a newb who has never OCed before attempts to do so and might be overwhelmed by the plethora of options available. Check out www.dfi-street.com if that ever happens to u

I can and do overclock, no problem there.

I always thought DFI was no good...

But I am curious, why do you say Asus is so buggy with AMD.

My board runs wonderfully and Overclocks like a breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom