"Integrated Graphics is enough for any modern game!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see... just because onboard graphics could actually render a game at super-low levels and at a snail's pace, no one should bother to actually attempt to use hardware that would make the game playable? Yeah, I can see the stupidity of that.

Vernon could probably write a book on this.

You saw this coming....

As an HD 3200 user for 8 months, I know that the card could run EVERY game I had... even worked in GTA IV (not well though...)

HD 32(3)00, Geforce 8200, GMA4500HD can run every game out there.. on Low but it still runs with no crashes

Edited the OP with the link. Here it is again for those just joining:
Does the 360 have any real exclusives? | VG Chartz.com - Video Game Sales Charts - Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Wii, PS3, Xbox360, DS, PSP, PC

@Aaron
I realize graphics aren't the only thing that leads to enjoyment, but these people were trying to say you would get a 360/PS3 comparable experience on a PC with integrated graphics, and they also said that integrated graphics were plenty to play games like ME, Oblivion, and Gears of War well.

Many people are happy with only running on low though. Most don't realize how far graphics have come. I was playing Red Faction II a year or so ago and my relatives couldn't believe how good the graphics were.

Oblivion... on integrated... comparable to a 360 or a PS3?

z7shysterical.gif

Many people are happy with only running on low though. Most don't realize how far graphics have come. I was playing Red Faction II a year or so ago and my relatives couldn't believe how good the graphics were.

Very true, and I acknowledge that fact in the thread, but what they didn't realize is that the whole reason this got started was because "gamers" were saying "i'll just buy those games on my PC rather than buy a 360" and these other few people joined in to start making radical claims about cheap computers playing games to the same quality of an HD console.

Basically, the ones that are happy with their computer and on lower settings aren't the ones that would be browsing forums learning about Xbox 360 and PS3 games, and wouldn't be making those statements in the first place.

Does the 360 have any real exclusives? | VG Chartz.com - Video Game Sales Charts - Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Wii, PS3, Xbox360, DS, PSP, PC

@Aaron
I realize graphics aren't the only thing that leads to enjoyment, but these people were trying to say you would get a 360/PS3 comparable experience on a PC with integrated graphics, and they also said that integrated graphics were plenty to play games like ME, Oblivion, and Gears of War well.

Oh that way its no contest, console wins then.....

You need Med PC settings would match Console, because Consoles have something like a 6800...

My fave from page 26:

Just for example : I could purchase a 500$ Gateway PC right now on BestBuy.com with 2.5 Dual Core 4 GB Ram GEForce 7100 (Integrated Graphics Card). Which if you read the specs for Mass Effect, you will see that this PC will easily run Mass Effect.

:D

@Aaron

I was referring to the poster above me, he made it seem like if you weren't playing crysis on high then you might as well not even play the game. I don't mind low settings, but when frames are consistently below 25 then it ruins the whole experience of the game. Integrated graphics have come a long way, but in general they aren't adequete enough to play the majority of games on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom