Installing Halo: Combat Evolved on my Lenovo Laptop

GLaDOS

In Runtime
Hi everyone,

I am trying to install Halo: Combat Evolved on my Lenovo laptop (specs below). I know it's an old game, but I'm trying to get into the entire series and would like to start from the beginning.

I installed the game but ran into some type of error the first time through. The installation hadn't completed so I couldn't remove the program from the Control Panel, so I manually deleted the program folder (C: > Program Files > Microsoft Games > Halo). Now, when I try to run the installation again, I put in my product key and then the program says "Creating game folders" but nothing ever happens. Did I miss another program folder somewhere?

Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Here are the specs I forgot to post:

Lenovo T500
Win 7 Enterprise (32-bit)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz
RAM: 4GB

Based on the description, it sounds like you deleted important files without ever actually uninstalling the game. Have you considered doing a system restore? Not the full wipe, I mean restoring Windows system files to an earlier point before you ever tried to install Halo in the first place. This way, when the process completes, your computer will be in the exact shape it was a few days ago prior to the Halo install (minus documents, pictures, etc, they all remain unaffected).

Back
Top Bottom