Incubation: Time is running out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
So although I'm primarily into FPS and RTS games, I occasionally like to sit back and relax with a turn based game of some sort. However there doesn't seem to be very many good and pure turn based games at a tactical squad level nows adays, so I'm still reminiscent of the good ole x-com days ( the best turn based tactical squad game series of all time imho ).

However one of my friends recently brought up to me a game I missed back in the day. A game called Incubation: Time is running out ( expansion called Incubation: The wilderness missions ). PC gamer seemed to think very highly of the game so I checked it out and was not only surprised at how impressive the 3d engine was for its time ( came out before Starcraft even ) but just how closely the game resembled the X-com series right down to the design of the units and weapons. I recommend you guys check it out, it's a very simple game that has a lot of in depth strategy behind it. The game takes into account morale (Your guys can panic if their morale drops too low), unit facing, etc and the game offers plenty of alternate routes along with the seemingly perfect blend of squad/item/skill management. Oh yes and this game also borrows a lot of themes and stuff from the Space Hulk series ( 3do/ps1 ) the only FPS corridor game in existence that also offered exciting tactical squad based action.

The game also has a really good in depth fan site which offers practically everything relating to the game.
INCUBATION'S DATA ARCHIVES

by the lack of views ( only 5? ) within a whole 8 hours worth of time, I can only guess there is no love for the old classics :p

...the good ole x-com days ( the best turn based tactical squad game series of all time imho ).

/signed. And I will check this one out, never heard of it TBH. Runs OK on Vista?

Oh by the way, now that we're at it, have you tried the latest X-Com sequels (Apocalypse and the rest)? I think I'll get them, though the reviews haven't been too good. X-Com and Terror from the Deep are the best ever though. I remember playing X-Com on an old 386 DX40 and, in the latter stages, going to make a cup of tea while the comp was "thinking". I had just left the family home and it was my first shared apartment with one of my best friends. We'd completely stop doing the dishes on the weekends just to play X-Com. I actually think that the first tme I upgraded a PC due to games was that old 386 and because of X-Com, so I got myself a 486, a DX133 I think. Ahh, the good old times. Not so long after that we had a PC in each room, and friends would bring their own and sit around on our improvised BNC connected network and play those good ole RTS and FPS titles.... :)

/signed. And I will check this one out, never heard of it TBH. Runs OK on Vista?

Oh by the way, now that we're at it, have you tried the latest X-Com sequels (Apocalypse and the rest)? I think I'll get them, though the reviews haven't been too good. X-Com and Terror from the Deep are the best ever though. I remember playing X-Com on an old 386 DX40 and, in the latter stages, going to make a cup of tea while the comp was "thinking". I had just left the family home and it was my first shared apartment with one of my best friends. We'd completely stop doing the dishes on the weekends just to play X-Com. I actually think that the first tme I upgraded a PC due to games was that old 386 and because of X-Com, so I got myself a 486, a DX133 I think. Ahh, the good old times. Not so long after that we had a PC in each room, and friends would bring their own and sit around on our improvised BNC connected network and play those good ole RTS and FPS titles.... :)

yes I have tried all x-com games, apocalypse was a blast because the real time setting made the game much more faster paced and better. I always liked naming the agents people I knew in real life, the coincidences are amazing :p ( cowardly people in real life would panic in the game ). People do consider Terror from the deep the best but to be honest its exactly like the first one except in a underwater setting. I personally liked apocalypse the best because it encompassed so much and had crazy technology. You even get to fight godzilla type aliens with futuristic tanks later on.

I'm pretty sure Incubation works on Vista, it worked fine on xp. View the forums for more support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom