improving ping

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenNcheese

In Runtime
just wondering how to improve ping on internet games (americas army esp). im still on dial-up so thats why. already doing following:

-servers in my country
-turn everything to low level of detail

anything else i can do?

Get a Cable Moddem

playin online games on dial up must suck...lol

Dont run anything else that uses internet connection to be run
so like xfire,aim,firewall...and so on

That will help it a little

Ohhh also if ur using a router..dont

just directly plug the internet to ur computer...routers slow up your speed a little

I couldnt imagine playin on dial-up...Whats your ping like?

Do you use AOL? If so you might want to try using someone else.

Any dial-up service is gonna get you crappy ping rates, theres nothing you can do about it, except getting DSL or better.

When i had dial-up, i did all of the tweaks, and still the lowest ping rate that i could get is 220ping.

Rook1e said:
I couldnt imagine playin on dial-up...Whats your ping like?

Do you use AOL? If so you might want to try using someone else.

im in australia, and no i dont use AOL.

playing AA my ping on aus servers never hits above 150 (and thats rare) usually around 100 or 70.

On american servers i get max of 200.

this is on servers that i play on. sure i have gotten ridiculous pings sometimes, but i usually leave those servers pretty quickly.

err.. play in the ausie server. u get good ping there. or u have to move to U.S. if u want to play US server w/ good ping. its the only way.

boomstick666 said:
err.. play in the ausie server. u get good ping there. or u have to move to U.S. if u want to play US server w/ good ping. its the only way.

yeah i play aussie servers most of the time. its just that there arent that many aussie servers out there, or they are full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom