I'm in love !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, idk, I just want to experience the 3d. I'll play l4d2. I should still be able to max that.

It's just a regular LCD, but it's 120hz.

I was just looking at getting this the other day. The one thing that stopped me was I was disappointed I could only get 1680x1050 instead of 1920x1080, and the screen size was only 22" instead of say 24"

Oreo, how do you find the size/res? Can you notice the difference if you're playing something like a bluray quality movie on that monitor?

If you're sitting far enough back you probably can't tell too much. If you're right in front I'm sure you can.

i was really interested in this about 3 months back. But i have no monies to buy it lol, and i just got a monitor before xmas, and its not 120hz, don't feel like replacing it, so not gonna be getting this anytime soon.

I was just looking at getting this the other day. The one thing that stopped me was I was disappointed I could only get 1680x1050 instead of 1920x1080, and the screen size was only 22" instead of say 24"

Oreo, how do you find the size/res? Can you notice the difference if you're playing something like a bluray quality movie on that monitor?

It is fine for me, but then all i've ever used are 22" 1680x1050. The monitor is better than my old one though, good colors and contrast. I cant easily say if you can tell a difference, but if i watch a 720p movie and then a 1080p movie on the screen, i can tell a difference and i sit about 1.5 to 2 feet away from the screen.

I think it looks absolutely fine to be honest, if its the kind of thing that annoys you, you will need atleast 2xAA on all games though - something you probably dont need as much if your monitor is 1080P.

Been playing Flatout: Ultimate Carnage in 3D and its absolutely phenomenal, as is BFBC2, the sense of depth is so awesome. It's almost like your monitor is just a website(LOL i meant window, shows my geeky mind at play) looking out into the real world.

Not many games have great 'popout of the screen' affects because of a simple reason, normally in games especially FPS the camera is at the persons head which is of course right at the front of the display in 3D, and anything behind this isn't rendered in games, so you don't see it come out of the screen. However if you play with the convergence settings you can change where the neutral zone is (where there is no depth and no popout, normall at the front of the screen where the player camera is) so it is further back and stuff does popout the screen more, which looks great.

Only complaint i have is some games have quite potent ghosting at the top 1.5inches of the screen, sometimes the ghosting is like 1 inch wide outside of the actual object. It's easily obvious and could easily be considered as bad ghosting, but really it barely bothers me because i'm nearly always looking at the middle of the screen and the experience is so engrossing anyway i fail to even care.

Ofcourse, you could pop down to the local electronics store buy a 60+ inch DLP 3D tv and have an amazing ghosting free experience. Or, get the 24inch 1080p Acer which still has ghosting but isn't as bad, same goes for the Alienware 24inch 1080p monitor (supposed to be great, but it's Alien ware, and so it costs many $$$) Asus and LG are bring out some too, the Asus is 27inch and 1080p and looks great.

OR..

Some people say the best experience is with the Acer 3D 720p projector. It's not that badly priced for a projector, though still expensive (My 3D monitor is 2x the price of comparable 2D screens and costs £240, the projector is £499)

They have 3D without the glasses now by using head tracking. Looks pretty awesome and you don't have to be restricted by glasses (even though this vid shows glasses, it's for a different purpose):

Thats cool and all, but isn't that similar to those head tracking things that you can use to look around in Car games and FPS games ? and i don't actually think it makes a proper 3D affect ? maybe i'm wrong.

Besides.. you cant use it while playing a PC game, i need to sit at my desk with the KB and Mouse in front of me :p

that does seem like a pretty cool idea, but you're still wearing headgear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom