I5 7400 cpu problem

Y'all have 2 different boards, GPUs, RAM, but I'm assuming common denominator is that PSU. Both setups pull about the same draw from the PSU as well. Just to be sure, disable Shadowplay and any other overlay programs for testing (except Afterburner, but don't need overlay on unless you want to screenshot from the game with Afterburner OSD in game).

A **** PSU can make all the difference. Can seem fine and actually cause a ton of problems.

I will try but not sure if I will be able to do some more tests this week because it will be busy in school but I will try to send you as soon as posible. Would you recommend I get a modular psu since I saw those can save some space since I dont need that many cables from it.

The quality of the PSU is the most important, rather than modularity, RGB, high wattage whatever. I would look into something like an eVGA G3 550 or 650W.

I was thinking modular just for the cable management, at this point I will just wait till Christmas to see if there will be any good deals around.

Will the g2 psu from eVGA do because I have trouble finding the g3 one here in my country is there really any difference since they are both 90 efficiency and do you have any other ones to recommend. And thank you so much for helping me figure out my problem it has been bothering me and my friend for quite a while and I hope this new psu will fix it.

Newer materials, better design, 10 year warranty. The G2 is still much better than your current PSU. Other options, Seasonic X and Corsair HX/HXi/RM/RMx/RMi/etc.

Here's the deal, I can't guarantee that's the issue but it's what it looks like to me. Also, there is a huge possibility that swapping the PSU out might not help if voltage drops and high ripple has already damaged your parts from the current PSU.

Hahahaha would you recommend doing it before I get the new psu or after? I will bring them these graphs also so hopefully they will understand it usually the people working here in some shops are total dum dums.

Back
Top Bottom