I5 7400 cpu problem

lukica555

Baseband Member
While playing some games I am experiencing some stutter and random lag, while the fps is ok around 120-90 in rainbow six siege and all of a sudden the my character in game just starts going forward and not responding to any commands. Now I have a gtx 1060 graphics card so I think its not that and the ram usage is also fine I have 12 gb ram.I would like to know if it is the processor and if there is some other way to check it because I am looking to upgrade it to a I7 7700k,also bf1 and 5 are one of the games that this happens in, my friend has an exact same processor and is also experiencing the same issue but I just want to know for sure if it is the processor.I recently bought a new motherboard, just want to note it if it helps in any way its and 270 prime a from asus

Download an OSD program like MSI Afterburner to watch and log your CPU temps, GPU temps, GPU clock speed, CPU usage, GPU Usage, RAM usage, VRAM usage, and frametimes then come back with the results. Take a screenshot and/or send the log of when it happens.

I did just a stress test on AIDA64 is that enough or do you want another one while gaming, by the way I was looking at the temps while playing the game and the cpu is always below 50, and the gpu below 60, so because of that I suspected it might be the processor that is holding back my graphics card. Also the ram usage is around 7-8 gb while playing most games.

Attachments

• test1.jpg
    test1.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 3
No I need what I asked for because the results will indicate what the cause is during the lag spike. Your processor isn't holding back your GPU, as earlier this year I tested a 2500k with my pair of Titan Xps on a slew of games at 1080p and 4k. BF1 being one of the games and it ran fine. BF5 is fairly similar to BF1 so won't make much of a difference. If your FPS is that high and you're getting bad lag spikes it'll be somewhere else.

Dont know if they updated the game recently or my pc has decided to work but I didn't experience much lags today will try again tomorrow on another map can't game much over the week but hope this helps. Also I would like to know your opinion on what to upgrade first on my rig right now
GPU-msi gtx 1060
CPU-I5 7400
RAM-4+8gb sticks 2400 MHz
Motherboard-asus prime 270-a
I am looking to upgrade my cpu because I think my gpu is still fine but I would like you to give me some opinions on it thanks in advance.

Attachments

• bf11.PNG
    bf11.PNG
    38.1 KB · Views: 2
  • bf12.PNG
    bf12.PNG
    39.5 KB · Views: 1
  • bf13.PNG
    bf13.PNG
    48.6 KB · Views: 1
  • bf14.PNG
    bf14.PNG
    33.9 KB · Views: 1
Something must be hitting your resources hard in the background. If you experienced a lag spike near the 3/4 mark of the graph there you can see that your higher FPS had lower CPU usage then it maxed when it lowered. Judging by your 8 out of 12GB RAM usage paired with 12GB of pagefile usage it looks like you have a ton of background tasks going.

All I had in the background was discord, logitech gaming software and afterburner + rivian to record it. I dont have that much programs on my pc at all

Back
Top Bottom