I5 7400 cpu problem

I have lower fps with my setup than you do in this video in the same game, but someone with a 1060 and 7700k has like 10-20 fps more and its stable and I also noticed that my gpu is on 60% usage while playing so if its not the cpu holding it back which is at 100% btw what is

I have lower fps with my setup than you do in this video in the same game, but someone with a 1060 and 7700k has like 10-20 fps more and its stable and I also noticed that my gpu is on 60% usage while playing so if its not the cpu holding it back which is at 100% btw what is
In this video I also have two Titan Xp's in that machine which far outmatch a 1060. As you can see, the 2500k still stays between 85 and 100% usage. The GPUs themselves are below 80% at 1080p because that is a CPU bottleneck BUT there are no frametime issues like you've described even when the FPS dips from 100+ to 80. (recording was also done on that machine introducing extra load)

Look at your last post with your graphs, your GPU usage is not at 60%, it stays at 98-100% until you hit the menu. IIRC you said that last graph was done while playing Siege, which Battlefield is a heavier CPU game than Siege. Thing is, that video shows that a CPU 6 years older than yours is still playing the game fine even when bottlenecking 2 cards that realistically would never be on that platform. On that note, a person with a 7700k would indeed get more FPS because A) it has HT which gives it 8 threads to help handle background tasks and B) is over 1Ghz in clockspeed compared to your current i5. That's besides the point of your issue though and why I simply said good luck. FPS is not your problem, CPU bottleneck is not your problem because your FPS is fine, intermittent stuttering and lag is.

The real question here is, what exactly did the shop do to "verify" your PC was fine? Did they just load test it and call it a day or run a benchmark to test for general stability? That won't show them the problem. If they played these games online without an issue using your machine then the only 2 differences there would be internet and power (from the wall). I also just realized that I never asked if this only happens online. Does the same thing happen when playing say SP in BF1?

Yep it happens in singleplayer also, I will try reinstalling windows see if that maybe helps they Im not even sure what they did honestly they just said everything is fine. I wish I had a way to test my psu to see if it really is the problem and also I just updated my windows and got a message new cpu installed. And my internet is fine I have no problem with it in any other game ping is always around 20-30.

Last edited:
And I always forget to tell you when Im playing siege when my cpu gets to 100% my discord just lags like hell when its working in background but when I alt tab and cpu drops to around 50% discord works normally, this only happens in rainbow six since its using all the cpu.

Discord is a ridiculous CPU hog. I've seen it jump to 15% usage while just typing on my 7800x, that's just nuts. Like that's more CPU than OBS uses when I'm using the NVENC encoder and recording a 50Mb 1440p/60 video with overlays, audio plugins, and a 1080p webcam.

So, I tossed my 2500k machine together to run a BFV test. Took longer than expected because 1809 pretends it doesn't have SATA drivers when trying to do a fresh install. Anyways, I recorded using Shadowplay at max bitrate and used a 1080p resolution to put as much of a CPU bottleneck situation as I could on the machine. In the video you can see it dip to the 40s and still no problems like what you were referring to. The Titan X Maxwell I was using is comparable to a 1070. The PSU I used was a 550W Seasonic Platinum fanless, and 12GB of DDR3 1600 to imitate your rig a bit.
While gaming normally without recording average FPS was steady between 80 and 100 without stuttering or heavy rubber band/freezing issues. The CPU stayed around 80% mostly and GPU in the 90s. I should also mention the SSD I'm running is an old OCZ Vertex 2 that's a SATA 2 drive.

https://youtu.be/ayHVDqi4Dd4

Yea you see in this video this orange error sign you are getting I was getting that and still am sometimes constantly while playing battlefield. So what would you recommend for an upgrade since this psu is fine it seems

I understand that, but I sometimes get that on my rig as well. That notification popping up unnecessarily has been a thing since the BF4 days.

Personally still don't feel like it's a CPU problem, but if you're still inclined to buy a 7700k obviously I can't stop you lol. I mean it won't hurt, it's a great CPU.

Yea I know Im really kinda confused, I forgot to tell you I put rainbow six in borderless mode and all the lags and stutters are now gone for some reason. So if its not the cpu should I look for a gpu or maybe more ram I was considering also buying 2 sticks 8gb but the same manufacturer because it seems to me I have some kind of ocd and can't stand two different ones in my pc lol.

Back
Top Bottom