I wanna know if I could play these games

Status
Not open for further replies.
A decent PSU costs around $100, and a decent video card (6800 gs) costs about $200.

Let me ask you something else: Is your PC a prebuilt one, like a dell? Or did you build it yourself? If its a dell your sorta screwed.

Could you please list the model number of your computer? Im going to tell you right now that a PSU upgrade is probably out of the question. To my knowledge, Compaq uses proprietary hardware, including cases, which are not standard ATX format, therefore preventing you from changing certain parts, including the PSU

God this thing has so many stickers i don't know whcih one

I found these

AC input 100-127V
50/60 Hz 200-250

Compaq Presario:SR1601NX

aha.. once again another person who was sucked into the compaq presario sr series.. haha, i too was one of them.. and you don't need an utterly astonishly expensive graphics card to play fear, my gs runs it 1024x768 with 2xAA 4xAniso and averages out 55 fps, which is very playable to me... havent tried playing without the 2, but i'm betting its higher... ya, i had the compaq sr1650nx

as for the psu, i called compaq to make sure it was a 350 watt.. and it was, but i think maximum wattage it will put it is 320, i think it said that on the label of the psu, if my model has the same psu as your's... but definitely going to need a new one, i don't know how long a beefy graphics card would last with that one...

I mean im trying to get a normal gmaing card in it I don't really wanna play fear (To f****** scary) I just know it has the best graphics I just wanna have a nice gfx card for like APB when it comes out what kinda card would u guys give me from what i state above

if you want a pci-e video card youll most likely need a new psu.... therefore, your out of luck.. next time, dont buy a prebuilt

doesnt mean he'll need a new psu, i ran my compaq just fine with te 6800 gs for almost a month..not only that, i ran it overclocked as well... and did some heavy gaming with fear and cs source.... i know its not so long, but it proved to run jsut fine.. and if he gets something weaker thats less power consuming he should do fine, maybe a 6600gt.. that should do you just fine... if you feel cheaper get a 5 series... or maybe a ati 9800 series.. those should run games like half life 2 on maybe medium... if my compaqs onboard 256 mb graphics could handle hl2 2 on high 1024x768.. of course no AA or anything... i'm sure a radeon9800 can... those you can find cheap on newegg as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom