i think i know why i get lower fps in Crysis/Crysis Warhead after upgrading my CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: i think i know why i get lower fps in Crysis/Crysis Warhead after upgrading my CP

I would still run IBT after you update bios to make sure your oc is stable.

Re: i think i know why i get lower fps in Crysis/Crysis Warhead after upgrading my CP

well.............i updated to 1.8v BIOS, my computer now recognizes my CPU. I ran IBT, first starting with low stress. I passed that yay. Now i went up half stress. From there to Maximum stress, i failed. So, what r my options now?

oh n i just discovered that my CPU now runs at 46-47 C on idle, load is 60 C! Not good! Should i reapply my MX-2 right away? Two lines or a pea size of it? I did a pea before.

A cpu can pass half stress and be fine most of the time, but you will have random crashes once in awhile. And it can still corrupt things. I would Back off a hair, maybe 100mhz or so, and see if that gets things under control.

well.............i updated to 1.8v BIOS, my computer now recognizes my CPU. I ran IBT, first starting with low stress. I passed that yay. Now i went up half stress. From there to Maximum stress, i failed. So, what r my options now?

oh n i just discovered that my CPU now runs at 46-47 C on idle, load is 60 C! Not good! Should i reapply my MX-2 right away? Two lines or a pea size of it? I did a pea before.

it probably isent that your temps whent upt my guesse is it is because your cpu temp is read properly now with the new bios.

it probably isent that your temps whent upt my guesse is it is because your cpu temp is read properly now with the new bios.

bingo! Knowing all the issues you had, it's wonder the temps were off. Who knows what else was sending back false readings.

perhaps, but even before i updated my BIOS to 1.8, Core Temp was already reading higher temps then before. Probably because it's not Winter anymore n i had my tower in a tight space. I think that is why im so worried about the temps because it's not cool here anymore :p.

i hit 60 C on 100% load using AMD Overdrive stress testing, how bad is that? Do u recommend me to try reappling my MX-2, get a Noctua NH-U12P, or the best fan controller. Here is the heatsink:

Newegg.com - Noctua NH-U12P 120mm SSO CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

i will try out Crysis/Crysis Warhead later today.

EDIT:

a fan controller is priority #1 for me! 4 or more fans i need to control for my HAF 932.

i think i finally know what is wrong with my computer and it's hiccups. It's SecuROM! That's got to be it! I updated my BIOS, hardly anything changed, im still getting lower fps in Crysis/Crysis Warhead, and GTA4 crashes on me in less than 5 minutes because of DEP (Data Execution Prevention). UT3 does crash but only if i have so many units going on at one time. i dont know what else to do to fix my computer or what else to check on. I already changed my CPU, so idk if i should try repairing Windows Vista; i have an OEM.

EDIT:

and the fact that 9.2 Catalyst and up suck! It effected GTA4 to being unplayable for me too. Crysis/Crysis Warhead, no. That is something with me changing the CPUs, im still figuring that out. UT3, idk but that game needs to be patched badly though.

Are you still running an unstable overclock?

Are you still running an unstable overclock?

i guess, i totally forgot to change to 3.6GHz lol. Darn it! I always forget that, so the answer is, yes. I will change it when i get home, i promise! I will report back when i do n see how things go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom