I officially hate steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
I dunno if my steam client has a problem or something, but here is my situation. Since I am limited with dial up right now where I live, i normally update my games overnight on steam. Normally works like a charm. But now whenever I log onto steam, the homepage and steam community page load up fine. Then I try to start updating my game, but I cant. I look over at my external modem, and there is something taking up 100% of my bandwidth, and steam is the only thing thats open. I make sure nothing else is downloading, that the steam client isnt updating. Nothing period is loading up on steam, but it is still taking all my precious bandwidth. I shut steam off, bam my internet is back to idle, 0% being used, not even a flash from a light on my modem, start steam back up, same thing. I tried letting whatever was loading for 4 nights straight, its used about 500mb of bandwidth already, so I doubt its something that its just downloading. It just started doing this recently, my net used to go completely idle with steam open if nothing was updating. Also, sometimes when I start playing a game, it will stop, but right when I shut it off and go to start updating, it starts again aswell.

Anyone?

I had a similar problem with my steam client. I have given up on it. I am on a satellite connection and none of my games would connect and update.

Wierd, I wonder if its happening to alot of people? Ill send a ticket with my problem on the steam website if its still bad tommorow.

there was a problem where the steam store page would keep refreshing and not stop but i thought they fixed that. try switching it to the mini window with the arrow in the upper right hand corner in the games tab, close steam window, then double click the tray icon in the lower righthand screen

see fit that changes anyting

Nope, still downloading something. I am trying to update condition zero deleted scenes, and I did read something that sparked something in my head on the steam site. It said this "In order for condition zero to run, all of counterstrike 1.6 must be downloaded, and for condition zero deleted scenes to run, counterstrike 1.6 and condition zero must be fully downloaded." Now, both 1.6 and condition zero are fully downloaded, but this seemed like an interesting bit of info to me, and I thought it may have something to do with it.

hmm open up the steam bandwidth monitor, its under view see if ur using anything, if so its prolly downloading a game or something, also ya pretty sure you have to have the cscz to play cscz delteted... make sure you have halflife downloaded or preloaded if you dont have it..

Got that preloaded, always been checking the bandwidth monitor, which shows no activity even when its downloading whatever in the background.

ok well only thing i can think of is to go into settins and make sure you connection speed is set to 56k dial up. as for steam not showing anything in the bandwidth monitor pretty sure that it would be downloading anything because ive had steam up and it didnt say it was downloading any games but the bandwidth mon still showed it was dling at 500k/s and it really was. really not sure, im almost postive now that steam requires a cable or dsl connection

other then that i really cant think of a fix

Not had that many problems with steam really, it's pretty good.

Although one time there was no text on the ingame menus and the steam client on all the buttons and tabs. I downloaded a program called freetext or something, and it was fine again :confused:

Apparently there is something wrong with condition zero deleted scenes, I just deleted it from steam and now its fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom