i need a PCI graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powertools_17

Beta member
i want to play be able to play Battlefield 2 and Half life 2 and im not sure sure which card to get. i want one that works good with both games and its got to be a PCI interface card because i dont have an AGP. My price range is under $170. thank you for any suggestions.

PCI or PCI-E.

If its the former then sadly i doubt you'll be able to run BF2 without upgrading your motherboard as well. Sorry :(

Yea, PCI slots have horrible bandwith, and only older, low end cards have PCI versions.

There is a geforce FX 5500 PCI card, and id recommend it over the 9250 cuz BF2 is optimized for Nvidia

Do not get a 9250 if you are wanting to play BF2. My friend has a PCI 9250 256MB and he can't play BF2. Apparently (what I've heard from him and my other buddy), BF2 supports the use of PCI cards but the 9200, or maybe even just the 9250, series of cards are not supported. Don't ask reasons, I'm just passing this along. I know for a fact my buddy can't play with his card, whether that is because it is a 9250 or because it's a PCI is beyong me.

to be honest mate, you need to update your mobo to support AGP/PCI-E and get something like a 6600 GT or at the least an FX5900

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom