I need a new game!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

95BlackGA

Fully Optimized
After buying JC2, and BFBC2 on Steam, I realized my computer can't hold up to the performance I want in those games. So I'm at a stand still playing them, until a new CPU comes into the equation.

I'm wanting a game, that I can run, quite decently. Don't care what genre, as long as it keeps a good story line. Multiplayer wouldn't be a things I really cared about, but could make the game last longer. I need some suggestions! I've ran through the CanYouRunIt.com list, but everytime I do, I get bored with it.

You can't even run those games on low with decent frame rate?

Well, have you played dead space, left 4 dead, dawn of war 2 (don't know if you can run it if you can't run those), fc2 (really cheap now so why not. Otherwise I wouldn't recommend). Dragon age?

If you want something you can definitely run maxed, you can go for my old favorite rts, Battle for Middle Earth II.

I can run them with OK framerate, but it dips in the single digits if I get a bunch of explosions at once. I'll give Dead Space a try, heard it's a good game.

Mount & Blade kept me busy for many months, then i discovered the mods.
Multi-player also just came out i think but I have not tried that yet.

Mount & Blade kept me busy for many months, then i discovered the mods.
Multi-player also just came out i think but I have not tried that yet.

I've only ever heard of this game a few times, and never really looked into it. I'll have to check it out.

Borderlands or Fallout 3

I have Borderlands, and while it's an OK game, I got very bored with it. Even with the mods (I only have 1 I believe), it's boring. Not that it's not a fun game or anything, but to me, it's very repetitive.

Fallout 3, I'll have to give a shot, but I see people with systems that would run laps around mine, and they don't have the best FPS. Is it a very resource intensive game?

The cool thing about Mount & Blade is that you can download the full version for free to see if you like it. ( i was hooked almost immediately) But your char cannot advance past lvl 7 unless you buy it. No other game out there even comes close to matching its mounted combat, where you physically lead your army in battle.

There is a multiplayer version of this game but it is a seperate game called Mount & Blade: Warbands.

I've only ever heard of this game a few times, and never really looked into it. I'll have to check it out.

I have Borderlands, and while it's an OK game, I got very bored with it. Even with the mods (I only have 1 I believe), it's boring. Not that it's not a fun game or anything, but to me, it's very repetitive.

Fallout 3, I'll have to give a shot, but I see people with systems that would run laps around mine, and they don't have the best FPS. Is it a very resource intensive game?

If you didn't like borderlands you probably won't like fallout. I despise fallout personally, most over-rated game of all time, except maybe mw2. Pretty much just walk around aimlessly and do a couple quests that make pretty much no sense together, and the ending is a joke. Needless to say, I slogged through it and did not enjoy it.

Could look at League of Legends, DOTA/WC3 based game, free, lots of fun. Can get really frustrating at times though.

Just Cause 2 is pretty fun, lots of travel times though.

Metro 2033 is an awesome game, one of the best of the year IMO.

If you didn't like borderlands you probably won't like fallout. I despise fallout personally, most over-rated game of all time, except maybe mw2. Pretty much just walk around aimlessly and do a couple quests that make pretty much no sense together, and the ending is a joke. Needless to say, I slogged through it and did not enjoy it.

Could look at League of Legends, DOTA/WC3 based game, free, lots of fun. Can get really frustrating at times though.

Just Cause 2 is pretty fun, lots of travel times though.

Metro 2033 is an awesome game, one of the best of the year IMO.

I hated fallout too. I think I got 3 hours into it before I couldn't bear it anymore. I probably could have played longer if I hadn't already played Oblivion for 30 hours. I don't know how I lasted that long in that one. I definitely liked it more than fallout, but I still don't like it either.

Metro didn't get that great of reviews, and it is system intensive. He is probably going to want to stay away from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom