i need a good gaming router!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D-Link have a gaming router series. They seem like a nice cheap router, but their idea of how it handles packets is flawed.

Since you use alot more than 4 ports at a lanparty, the router cannot control packets on other switches. This means pr0n can use the bandwidth.

And what is your idea of cheap, that router is around 100$, and some people may consider it cheap, some may consider it expensive.

I have a D-link Wirless/Wired router, it's just awesome. No problems with it EVER and I got it for not that much $$

DJ-CHRIS said:
Since you use alot more than 4 ports at a lanparty, the router cannot control packets on other switches.
Why are you bring a Router to a LAN party? Last few lan parties I have to go to, the internet was turned off and we were all connected via a 16 Port Switch.

DJ-CHRIS said:
This means pr0n can use the bandwidth.
Hence the reason why I enject players when they was to pr0n/WaReZ share during LAN parties.

All the LAN parties i have gone to had the strict rule of
"pr0n/WaReZ sharing Only During Break Times, and Not Game Time"

onyo said:
i was lookin for one around 40 or LESS lol
That will give you an 8 Port Switch.

If i needed some thing with a bit more performance in a switch, then I would be going for some of NetGear's Business Fast Ethernet Unmanaged Switches . However it's just going to be for gaming, it would be a waste of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom