I need a FPS game... any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothch1ck

Daemon Poster
So.. all my old FPS games I used to play.. are now crowded with cheaters.. or require real money constantly to rent/buy new gear to make a difference... and I am sick of it.

Anyone know a combat balanced game (like where real money/monthly won't matter "too much") out right now, with high end cheater protection? (none of this stupid xtrap and crud where it's so easy to bypass anyone with Google can do it)?

I really don't care if it costs (to buy DVD/CD) but cost per month is out.
Needs players.. dead games are no fun.
Free would be wonderful.
Graphics aren't really a huge issue.. I mean sure prettier is.. well prettier, but I played Crossfire and junk for a long time - and it doesn't have great graphics.
I don't really like "super sci fi" types... I mean a couple sci fi weapons could be alright, but playing in space with all laserbeams isn't fun for me. (think Black Ops Zombies with alien pistol and laser upgraded stuff, but mostly "normal" guns)

Really need something to go on... or might just leave MPFPS to consoles.

You have to rent/buy gear for a FPS? Play CS:S, theres another thread on how it is still one of the best online FPS games.

Yes, for Free FPS games, to make money they have item mall systems, made to buy or rent gear, guns , knives, armor, etc, It usually has a duration in days (rent) or durability that needs repaired either by in game methods (credits earned by kills) or with more REal money 'tokens' (gay as ****).

They aren't bad, except the "balanced" games are all overrun by Cheaters now, (instantly spawn in and your whole team dies to 1 guy knifing., total BS) and the unbalanced ones basically FORCE you to buy real money items to even stay close to 'real skill'.

I really like Leveling up... even if all it is is a number and has no effect on anything. The simple satisfaction of "oh yay I gained a level today! I am 72 now!" makes it feel much more involved...

CS:S when it came out.. sucked. I hated it. I don't have it on my STEAM Though... I was afraid like most other CS games they were outdated, removed, and lonely, or overrun by aimbots.

I'll check the thread.

team fortress 2 is pretty good. all the items in game you get from random drops and crafting and each extra item you get has a pro and con to it, so they aren't too over balanced in comparison the stock items. Also there are 9 different classes to pick from that are pretty interesting.

Not sure of any free online fps, there is Borderlands. You get to choose between 4 characters and level up online, fun game. As for the cheating, each game will always have their share of cheaters.

Games upset with:
Crossfire, Combat Arms, Project Blackout

Team fortress 2 wasn't all that fun for me
Borderlands... I played and maxed out 4x... I am done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom