I Need A Cd Key For......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I have been noticing that there has been a few thread popping up with people asking for the CD Keys.

WORD OF ADVICE PEOPLES
* Don't loose the CD Key In The First Place. Keep all your documentation, manuals, CD, and CD Keys in the on place.

* Purchase a CD Pen, and Write the actual CD Key down on the CD itself. With game that have mutiple CDs to install, i normally write the CD Key on the Disc Number 2, as the game normally requires the CD Key with Disc Number 1. Like have done this with all my games and software that have seriel number.

* If you do not want to mark your CDs, make an MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access or Notepad File containing all your CD Keys and important Serial Number.

* And if you have just purchased the game, and you have noticed that the CD Key is not with the game contents. Take it back to the store with proof of purchase within 7 to 14 day cooling off period from an exchange.

OK, I was one of those people that made a thread about getting Warcraft 3 CD Keys.

Sorry!

Looks like Im gonna have to go blow 30$ on another copy =/

yea...umm.... im not saying chubz over there is one of em...but usually people ask for CD keys cause they didnt really buy the game. Its not that hard to make up a story about how someone lost a CD key.

oblivion said:
yea...umm.... im not saying chubz over there is one of em...but usually people ask for CD keys cause they didnt really buy the game. Its not that hard to make up a story about how someone lost a CD key.

Ya, and because of people like that, noone trusts anyone else online any more.

:(

I will just pay 30$ to get Warcraft 3 back again.

I loved that game. I spent the whole summer playing it, 5-7 hours a day, NONSTOP, and this may sound like a joke, but that is the game that ruined my eyes and made them sucky like they are now!

My eyes were 20-20 before I played it, and by the time summer was over, they are a little worse now. Man, those memories of that game make me sad to even think about :(

SCREW THIS, I AM BUYING THAT GAME SOMETIME SOON! :)

(and that suggestion about calling the company........Im not for sure if that would help, because what if the person talking to you thinks that you may have a dl'ed copy and are just prying a CDKEY out so that you can play the game?)

Chubz said:
OK, I was one of those people that made a thread about getting Warcraft 3 CD Keys.

Sorry!

Dude, I am not having a direct go at you. If I did I would of named names.

oblivion said:

Tell about it. I used to get that phone call about once per week at my old job.
Customer :- "I need the serial number for MS Windows, can you help me?"
Me :- "Sure, here the phone number you need to ring...."
If I am nice, I will just give them Microsoft Phone Number.
If I am nasty, I will just give them the number for the BSAA.

Chubz said:
(and that suggestion about calling the company........Im not for sure if that would help, because what if the person talking to you thinks that you may have a dl'ed copy and are just prying a CDKEY out so that you can play the game?)

If you can prove to them that you have legitamitly brought the CD, then you might have a chance.

Chubz said:

Sorry!

you should, If you get any CD-Key (as far as i know) from Blizzard entertainment, you can retrieve password, and cause the person that logs in to not be able to if the other person is already on, ver very annoying, i did this for a period of time with my Diablo 2 CD, until i got so fed up because the other person was always playing that i got a new copy, in the end it was all worth it.

Dont spend $30, get it at BestBuy for $20!!!

J4K0B said:
you should, If you get any CD-Key (as far as i know) from Blizzard entertainment, you can retrieve password, and cause the person that logs in to not be able to if the other person is already on, ver very annoying, i did this for a period of time with my Diablo 2 CD, until i got so fed up because the other person was always playing that i got a new copy, in the end it was all worth it.

Dont spend $30, get it at BestBuy for $20!!!

Ok, next time I go to BestBuy (i have one like 30 min. from where I live) I will check to see if I can find a copy, and if i have the money, i will more than likely buy it...........one good thing is that I still have my Frozen Throne CD and CD KEY in-tact.....WOOHOO! :)

Blizzard is also really good about removing spoof CD-KEYS all the time. And even if someone could give one to you, then everytime you are online, the other person with the same key cannot be online. I think that returning to BestBuy may help but ultimatly, someone is going to have to talk to a rep at Blizzard.

-Mike

Call up the distributor, tell them, obtain an adress (mailing) and an amout for game replacement.

Generally, they will get you a whole new copy for much cheaper than retail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom