I just want to play css

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question, will fry's prices be the same for my parts or should i just stick to newegg. The reason im asking is because of convienience. I would rather pickup from a store than wait for shipping, not to mention if one of the parts i get is dead and then i would have to ship it back.

If you only want to play CS:S and you don't want to spend a lot, you honestly don't have to. There are cheaper cards that will very easily max out CS:S. My HD 4670, which is about 80 bucks, gets 200 fps, and my 8600GT got close to that too.

That should bring my build to 286.94 without the video card and monitor. I could spend 100 bucks for the 9600gt with 512, or i could get the 9800gt with 1gig. Ill just buy a cheap monitor and there i have a super cheap pc to play css and maybe even some other games.

If anyone has some suggestions on how to make it better while still maintaining the low price that would be great too.

1gb vram is not needed on the 9800 or 9600. The card won't really be able to use it, actually I believe the 512mb 9800gt is faster than the 1gb. To save money you really can buy lower end cards if CSS is the only thing you plan to play but if you want to play any new games I would stay with the 9800 or 4830.

Intel Pentium E2180 Allendale 2.0GHz 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor

ASUS P5KPL-CM LGA 775 Intel G31 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600AAJS 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

EVGA 512-P3-N975-AR GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

Kingston ValueRAM 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

HEC 6C28BBX585 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 585W Power Supply

SAMSUNG Black 20X DVD+R

total out the door 438.00 should be here on monday

Get the 4830 or the MSI 9800 GT. Recently I got my Sapphire 4830 and **** it makes my games FLY!!! All maxed out 16xAF 16xAA at a resolution of 1680x1050.

The MSI 9800 GT because I m like in love with MSI's coolers lately.

Can that rig i made play left 4 dead and mirrors edge?
looking at what you have, your rig seems to exceede the requirements:
Mirror's Edge PC Impressions, System Requirements Revealed | GameCyte
Keep in mind, that is a P4 processor. Not dual core.
Here is left 4 dead:
Valve: Here Are Your Left 4 Dead System Requirements
Again, dual core support and more memory. I'm surprised alot of recent titles haven't taken advantage of direct x10. -Kicks his 8800-
Quick question, will fry's prices be the same for my parts or should i just stick to newegg. The reason im asking is because of convienience. I would rather pickup from a store than wait for shipping, not to mention if one of the parts i get is dead and then i would have to ship it back.
Quick answer, Fry's prices won't be the same, but, i do believe they will match most online dealers. I think there is a newegg shopee in california, I'm not sure. Picking it up in the store is based on the sales and the convenience, newegg makes most of it's money in the shipping like any other company. You might spend an extra 20 or 30 bucks based on the store, but, I believe the mail in rebates are going to be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom