I Hate Steam (Version 2, or maybe 3 or 4?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I hated stream when if first came out and they moved my beloved cs 1.6 onto it - constantly going down and being overwhelmed by too many users... but now its just fine, infact its my prefered format for purchasing games - you get to side track all that annoying DRM plus you don't have a million game boxes cluttering up the place, plus your updates are automatic.

Its a shame all games aren't on steam.

there is the occasional problem but i've not encountered anything major for years.

there is only two games i own that are on steam, Lost Planet an Half Life 2 episode 1. I would prefare to have the choice not to run steam to install or own a game. Lost plannet was one **** of a case let me explane.

I bought lost plannet on a whim and i tend not to game as much as others on the forum. I forgot my steam password so i had to retrieve that mostly painless. So the game decides to download rather than install off the CD i looked to see if a option was selected not a thing. So 8 long hours later it was downloaded.

I hate it when people hate steam because its becoming mainstream.
It's like why people hate microsoft and windows vista.
Its just little kids being rebels, I guess.

Steam is the greatest thing that has happened on my computer for awhile.
I love how you can actually install games INTO your steam app, that way you can run everything from there.

I buy most of my new games from steam now. they put on sales quite often. I got the entire unreal/unreal tournament collection for the same price as UT3 alone. lol rocked.

Sure when you compare it to install discs the download speed is monster slow, but i just left it overnight. Worked peachy.

I love how you can actually install games INTO your steam app, that way you can run everything from there.

I don't dislike Steam because it's mainstream in fact in the beginning I thought it would be a good idea, but now not so much. As I said in my previous post I think you should have the option to use steam. I would Rather not have to use steam an run a game off it or have to start a account just to beable to play a FPS.

Your comment on Vista I just don't see I have defended MS an vista even though I am a Linux fan. I use 3 OS's on a daily basis, I find Vista good for general use an gaming, XP pro for work, an Linux for server applications, an for RnD of new technology an general computer work.

I can't use steam because i have dial up...it won't even work properly (when i say dial up i don't mean 56k, i mean 26.4k...with a download rate of 2.0kbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom