I Hate Steam (Version 2, or maybe 3 or 4?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
Ive posted so many problems here with steam here its not even funny. I personally think steam needs to revamp how there program runs, becauses its one of the worst ive seen, yet they have twice as many users as WoW, it should be error free with all the money there rolling in.

Anyway, Ive herd theres an error were the homepage loading wont stop even once you hit the stop button, and it just continues to use bandwidth towards loading it, but it doesnt load anything, and never stops. Im pretty sure I have this problem, and I cant find a solution on the net anywhere.

Normally if nothings updating my bandwidth stays at 0% and nothing shows up on the steam bandwidth monitor. Now, it uses 100% of my bandwidth, and nothing shows up on the bandwidth monitor, and all the bandwidth its taking, is downloading nothing at all, and making my updates go slow, games ping 500+ and so on.

try deleting the clientregistry.blob and appupdatestats.blob in the steam folder and reload it. Also does it only happen when steam is running on its own web page inside steam? if so change the default loading page to mygames so it never trys to use the website side of it.

I just got a reply from steam on my ticket for support I sent, so if that doesnt work, ill try out yours ^^^^^^^^^. If I figure out how to fix it, ill post up a solution, just incase anyone else is having the same problem.

Edit -
I tried your solution, didnt work. I also tried having it start up with the mini games list only, still not working. And, the steam ticket email was only to tell me that i sent one, no reply : (

Solution -
Figured this out on my own. I log onto steam, and whatever is downloading is running. Disconnect my internet, then reconnect to cancel whatever is download. Unpause my updates and they run at full speed. Its a hassle, but it works for now. Im still waiting for a reply from steams tech support.

Never had a problem like that. I love steam now, it gives me some of the highest and most consistent download rates, 800+ kb/ps compared to other places on the web, and keeps everything updated. Not a problem here.

On rare occasions I would download from the steam servers at about 300kbps, but normally I get anywhere from 1.5-2mbps, which is sweet.

Never had a problem like that. I love steam now, it gives me some of the highest and most consistent download rates, 800+ kb/ps compared to other places on the web, and keeps everything updated. Not a problem here.

Same here I actually like Steam quite a bit. Good way to check out games, demos, keep updated, etc. Good deals on games sometimes, too. Like they had Darkstar One for $10 one rainy sunday. That was excellent.

I had an issue with steam a while back go into you MSCONFIG and disable Steam on startup there should be a few entry's to turn off updater is one of them but just turn them all off. My steam used to always be popping up before I did this. Now I have no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom