I hate Steam....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static_11

Fully Optimized
THIS PROGRAM WAS MADE TO MAKE PEOPLE WANT TO THROW THERE COMPUTER OUT OF THE WINDOW...

updates everytime you want to play HL2
Takes FOREVER to PREPARE to play HL2
MEANLINGLESS program that HL2 could easily have done without
This thing is making me VERY mad....

[/rant]

Your thoughts on this?

steam is propobly better then most auto updaters built in to games, it's just so widely used people can't help but attacking it before knowing how much better it is then others.

Static_11 said:
3 hours to update EVERYTIME i play?!? its getting annoying...

STEAM is very unforgiving to dialup users. I think with over half of the Internet population still on 56k and lower, there should be an alternative to steam for those people. However, they probably expect all gamers to have broadband.

thank you...
new problem:
NOW STEAM WONT LOAD HL2 AFTER 3 HOURS OF UPDATING IT OMG I HATE THIS STUPID IDEA
im never buying a game with steam.... EVER... or anything thats even LIKE this stupid f'd up idea

my whole night... TRYING TO PLAY HL2.. was wasted

gimli of gloin said:
steam sux ass. if u wanna play cs on ur laptop with bots it wont let u becuase of no internet...gayass

Which CS? I can play Source with the bots when I have no Internet connection.

I agree, steam really sucks on dial up. I used to have dial up and like clock work, it wuld take me about 30-50 minutes to "update" before i could play. That really sucked! The worst time it updated it took more than three hours before i got to play. WTF? I just wanted to play the single person version!

Now i have cable internet and Steam still wants to run everytime i start my computer. I've been tempted to delete it and half-life two just so i dont have to look at it any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom