I don't understand counter strike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonifide_C

Baseband Member
Out of all the fps games out there, counter strike source is the only game I can never seem to be good at.

I always observe all the good player at this game and it seem when they shoot in close range they aim around the target and not directly at it. Why is that? I aim at the body and head and next thing I know I'm laying flat on the ground. I like to add I can't get any kill with the M4 especially on SD or silencer and the only gun I get kill with for CT is the pump action shotgun. I can at least get some kill with the AK but compare to other player, it seem like I'm shooting it all wrong. I guess I play too many other fps games like the black hawk down, BF, COD, Joint Operation, Operation Flashpoint, Warrock, Combat Arms, ARMA, America Army, Rainbow six series, Ghost Recon series, and various other fps game and in close range like in real life if u aim at a person body at 5 feet or less your suppose to kill it. Not even recoil would miss. I don't get counterstrike at all. The games make no sense, it isn't realistic but that what it makes it so fun. I have never enjoy a first person games more than counter-strike with the exception of Delta Force Black Hawk Down because even thought it mighty hard, no fps give you more satisfaction than killing your target like in counter strike.

Can someone give me insight on how I go about on getting kill in counter-strike? The shooting just makes no sense. I don't understand how someone with a deagle can kill me without even aiming at my hand but near it? Majority of these kill via spectating from professional player don't make sense to me. I'm hardwire to know that if you hit someone in their body at close range they would die yet that isn't the case with counter-strike.

I simply don't understand the shooting mechanic. It the only fps game out there where I am not at least on par with everyone else. I compare every other fps games to counter-strike, i couldn't believe how easy COD 4 on the first day because I was in first, second, or third place.

If anyone have any advice or know what I am doing wrong or explain to me the shooting mechanic, much would be appreciate it

Thanks

There's a level where people point their crosshairs, called the headshot line. Get an M4 or an AK and point it on that line and see how many headshots you can pull off ;)

Yeah the hit boxes in CSS aren't so good. neither are half of the servers (in terms of registering shots).

CS:S = spray 1million shots and hope the head shot regs. I hate that game. I don't understand it either. Have some friends that are super good though. I can't seem to kill anyone in that game anymore :(

As in all FPS's, fire in short bursts. With the M4 with silencer attached, it is VITAL. That thing sprays out in all directions lol
Try the Clarion on burstfire mode, it's awesome for headshots.

And as iFargle said, there's a 'headshot' line. A specific verticle angle you try and keep your crosshair on so if you suddenly round on an enemy and reflexively let off a shot it'll go towards his head.

I vote for hax :p.. lol no im kidding. That game is terrible. Doesn't matter what I do. My shots don't reg unless there uber cool/accidents :p.

I wonder if my graphic card being out of date has anything to do with it? I'm on my old computer btw, and I notice that ever since counterstrike said that I could run into problem if I don't update my graphic card, I have constantly suck more at counter-strike than ever before. I hate when games update, it seem I can't even kill anyone near 5 feet but if they are about 20 feet away I have a better chance. Maybe the update has something to do with the shooting mechanic? I don't know how important it is to update your graphic card since I never done it. I actually try but for some reason none of the update even register into my system, what a bummer, at least this old comp will be old antique soon enough.

Have you tried going to the card manufacturer's website and manually updating the drivers? E.g. Nvidia.com if you have a nvidia card.

Yeah what FPS are you getting? and do you know how to adjust your *rates* and interpolation for better reg? Because that game IS and ALWAYS will be one of the best fps's. N just because your not good at it doesn't mean you should bash it or that its a bad game in terms of functionality. The source engine is very good, Ive never had any problems with collision detection or ANYTHING for that matter. GREAT FPS IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom