i couldnt tell a differ between DVI or VGA in PC games.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
i found my DVI adapter n i hooked up my VGA to it, but i dont notice a difference at all, anyone know what the biggest difference from the two?

because i sure as **** couldnt lol, i thought it was suppose to act like component cables or something, like if u connect my Wii to my 55 inch 720p HDTV with component instead of composite cables.

anyone know a difference that i can notice?

It not as apparent on some monitors but it's night a huge difference anyways. In general dvi will make your image a bit more sharp but like I said it usually not a big difference.

You wont really notice a difference if a Vga monitor is plugged in the DVI socket in your card. Your monitor has to be dvi compatable, i have 2 Al1916w's one is using dvi and the other is using vga. I can notice a contrast difference and a brightness in colors. Not much difference.

beedubaya said:
You have to use a DVI cable. The VGA-DVI adapter doesn't cut it.

****, does the monitor need to be DVI-I too? Reason i ask is because all i see is DVI-D.

EDIT:

reading from wikipedia.org, DVI-I sends digital n analog, n DVI-D only sents digital.

is DVI-D better?

Not sure on this one.

From what i understand the difference in dvi and vga isn't picture quality so much as the auto adjust. dvi automatically puts the best picture on the screen whereas vga has to be configured for the best brightness, contrast, and size.

You still control the contrast and brightness, but you do not control the picth, angle, rotation, and all that other stuff you have to do on a vga to get it to center correctly or if you were like me...you never could center the screen just right :p. Dvi does all that for you, so all in all it saves you some stress from having to center your screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom