I Could Not Wait Any Longer....56K Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot more to it than the way it plays, and I don't even think it plays like Oblivion on my experience with it. You can tell the game is somewhat similar to Oblivion, but it's a new experience. Much better than almost any other PC game this year.

There is just so much different and amazing about Fallout 3 from the environments, to the story, to the quests. . . I don't see how you could ever buy a new game Aaron, because using your out-of-whack standards, they're all too similar to a game that came out previously. Why do you have Oblivion? Isn't it just a graphical update of Morrowind?

Get my point now?

You're right, this is why I tend to wait awhile to buy my games; spending $50-$60 on most games seems rediculous to me, and I won't try to support developers for rehashing the same game. I have Oblivion cause I could get it for $25. To me it was worth it, but I ended up hating it cause it was actually less than a graphical update of Morrowind. What kind of sequel actually takes away features? The story was also sub-par and not engaging.

I don't see how so many people in here ca justify paying $50 often for the same old game.

You're right, this is why I tend to wait awhile to buy my games; spending $50-$60 on most games seems rediculous to me, and I won't try to support developers for rehashing the same game. I have Oblivion cause I could get it for $25. To me it was worth it, but I ended up hating it cause it was actually less than a graphical update of Morrowind. What kind of sequel actually takes away features? The story was also sub-par and not engaging.

I don't see how so many people in here ca justify paying $50 often for the same old game.

If you wanna look at it that way, why buy a new game ever? Basically every game is a copy and/or repeat of a previous game nowadays, except for a few additions and more eye candy. Every FPS: Save the world/fight in a war/fight the aliens/etc.

To me, Oblivion was too big. It seemed to bore me more easily because there was too much in-between time. You may not have the same experience, but this is my opinion. Fallout 3 IMO is worth the cash to shell out. Very fun game, and has some good replayability.

If you wanna look at it that way, why buy a new game ever? Basically every game is a copy and/or repeat of a previous game nowadays, except for a few additions and more eye candy. Every FPS: Save the world/fight in a war/fight the aliens/etc.

To me, Oblivion was too big. It seemed to bore me more easily because there was too much in-between time. You may not have the same experience, but this is my opinion. Fallout 3 IMO is worth the cash to shell out. Very fun game, and has some good replayability.

Exactly, that's why FPS, in terms of art, tend to be the worst possible type of game for me. Every art form is based off of other art; it's natural to expect that there will be repeats and slow evolution. They don't seem to be evolving in any way; they all tend to be direct copies of one another with better graphics. Also, the time when something new comes out, Mirror's Edge as an example, it gets shunned by the gaming community.

Gamers don't want evolution or something new; it seems like all this community wants nowadays is the same game, presented in different but subtle ways. As long as it has better graphics, it's deserving of the time and money.

The other genres of games actually tend to evolve.

Okay.....back on topic :D

3118713767_226905ed16_o.jpg

3118715493_d122b53af8_o.jpg

3118717223_ece6632132_o.jpg

Bland up the color palette, add some steel, and take the leaves off the trees. I guess that is the big difference between Oblivion and Fallout 3.

Bland up the color palette, add some steel, and take the leaves off the trees. I guess that is the big difference between Oblivion and Fallout 3.

Not to mention the completely different storylines, weapons, characters, environment... :rolleyes:. Why judge it with such negative feelings when you haven't even tried it?

Anyway...

Looks good, Whirlwind. I'm sure you'll like the game quite a bit once you get a little more established and do some quests.

Not to mention the completely different storylines, weapons, characters, environment... :rolleyes:. Why judge it with such negative feelings when you haven't even tried it?

Anyway...

Looks good, Whirlwind. I'm sure you'll like the game quite a bit once you get a little more established and do some quests.

I was being overly harsh, but I have tried the game. To me, it really doesn't give me any incentive to buy it when I already own Oblivion.

I am quite enjoying the game, actually. I liked Oblivion, but I like FO3 a lot more. I guess its the setting and the atmosphere of the game.

Either way, I think it is worth the money to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom