I cant wait for diablo III !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would love to play another diablo game but im not to excited about this game, i don't like the looks of it, to much like wow for my tastes.

Well, thats the direction most MMO's are going. Its funny when you compare WoW to the actual Warcraft series. The only thing similar is the storyline and the races.

Reading the photo comparison article was pretty cool.

"The preliminary art we've seen so far, Wilson said, is from early on in the game. "We want to generate the feeling of everything getting worse... it's part of our narrative. It makes the more gloomy part of the game a place where the stakes get higher."

"If you start out at the apocalypse, and then move to more apocalypse, it's not going to have much of an impression on players."

Meh after reading the art comparison article I tend to agree with the designers point of view. Though I think they took it to a certain extreme, but whatever. If it does, say, get darker the more you progress, that's great.

Meh, i don't care what the fanboys, or wow haters, or whatever other extremists say. If the gameplay and story is good, that's great with me. The art looks great even if it isn't the style I tend to prefer. There's no point in whining about it. People that don't like it or don't think it should have been made that way should just boycott the game and not play it. it'll just mean less people complaining about it in lobby.

~~

Looks like he quit to start his own company of sorts.
Diablo III: Diablo III Art Director Quits, Game Remains The Same

I lol'd at the comment the article author made.
"So don't worry - Diablo III isn't going to go all goth on us."

Maybe he should go play the teletubby game. Diablo started off as gothic.

To anyone on the net whining otherwise, bashing people that don't like the style, and/or just generally trolling for the sake of proving your online existance. This game's for you: Welcome to Hello Kitty Online!

I think what that interview says that is misleading is that the fanboys are angry about the color. Like he mentions, Diablo 2 had oodles of color, but it was done well and to the spirit of Diablo. The models weren't blocky and cartoonish and the dark feel was there during even the most vibrant levels. That is essentially what the negativity is all about.

You are right, it shouldn't change the fun factor of the game, and if this is all that is changed then I will get over it quick once I start playing. But I believe that this choice of design is a slippery slope that may signal other negative design aspects in the final product.

For instance... the health orb aspect seems like its dumbing down the game.
Now let me explain...

The developers comment that they are trying to make it more fast paced and they are encouraging more action... but isn't that what you had to work for and earn with life leech items in the previous game? Essentially it seems like they are trying to make it easier for newer players and less powerful characters.

With every new piece of information I am seeing a trend that I don't necessarily like. But nothing will change me from buying the game when it comes out; all these changes may end up working well, and I hope they do.

Oh I completely agree with everything you just said lol. I'm not very keen on the Life orb things either. Leech was a big part of gearing up. And completely agree with the models.

There was nothing wrong with the potion setup in diablo 2. I don't see why they felt the need to "Improve" it. Oh well.

I'm just tired of all the non diablo fans it's attracting. Running around spouting everyone's emo or gothic just because they don't like certain changes, which the new kids wouldn't understand to begin with. Aggravates me to the point where I could actually backhand some punk 13yo and not feel bad about it :/

Welcome to Hello Kitty Online!

Running around spouting everyone's emo or gothic just because they don't like certain changes, which the new kids wouldn't understand to begin with.

are you referring to me not liking the wow look?

i played all three diablo games apon release

I wasn't referring to anything you posted, it was so short I just skimmed by and went to the next one.
You must not have read any other forum posts or reply's to news or posts regarding the D3 look. (ps, is there a 3rd one i don't know about? >.> D1 + D2 != 3 releases)

**** i think there's even a vg cats comic or some other web comic making fun of whoever did the photoshop pictures comparing the new style to a darker one. The general consensus is that anyone who supports a darker look is emo and likes to cut themselves. Makes me sick when I think of how many people instantly 'peg' you as emo (like it matters anyway, who gave them the right to judge people that are different. grow the **** up) because you don't like the wow effect. Makes me even more nauseous when they say they never even played the first or 2nd one.

The new 'Environment' is fine. I do think they added a bit too much Blue and Green lighting to the dungeons, its ridiculously apparent to anyone who isn't colorblind. But it's supposedly supposed to get darker as the game progresses, to give people the feeling of thing's becoming more chaotic and foreboding. Which I think could be cool, so it doesn't even matter until they either release more shots of environments further in, or we play through the game to see for ourselves.

What I don't like so much is the character models. They look just like wow characters. Especially when they throw on the 'chunky cartoon armor' in the gameplay video. There's nothing to even dispute there.
I think the health orb is a fairly dumb idea considering how fun life leech was and what kind of role it played in gearing up. I liked the potion setup. This orb thing just puts a heavier reliance on luck if anything. I can see why they'd want to add somethign new or change it so it's not the same as the old game, but it workd Perfectly in the old game. Why fix something that isn't broken.
Again, that's speculation. Who knows? The life orb thing might work great and turn out to be fun. Not like anyone here or anywhere else on the net will actually know untill a beta of some sort is released. And even then there will be people that love it, and people that hate and whine about it. The way of the world.

been playing since the release of D1, and no change in art style is going to stop me from playing the game. 100% of people don't know anything more than what the handful of pictures from early environments show us.

The fighting mechanics, breakable environments, death physics/animations, blood, weapon effects, spell/skill animations, voice acting, story (so much as we know), lore, new randomized scripted events, all looks bloody fantastic.
I was never much of a barbarian person anyway so I just hope their version of rogue/amazon doesn't look horrible. Same goes for whatever they replace paladin with (if he doesn't come back). Everyone else I could care less about how they look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom