I can no longer play old games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Threepwood

Daemon Poster
Bah ever since I started playing doom 3, FEAR and half life 2 graphic style games I cant go back. I tried to play return to castlewolfenstien but I just cant get involved because its not the same graphically. Its so hard to go backwards technologically, like ff7 I love it but I cant play it anymore because of the graphical style. The only games I can play that are old are strictly 2d ones it seems.

Oh well, on to far cry and Quake 4 i guess.

Wow i have the same exact problem. Ever since i've played the newer games i can't go back to the older ones. Some of my friends tell me to play the older final fantasy games and even the zelda games for N64 but i just can't do it. Every time i play it, i just get bored because the graphics just aren't good. I feel your pain.

Depends on the game and how much I liked it.

Like I still play the orginal UNREAL from time to time.
gimli of gloin said:
same problem. however 2d games i will always play..there originality cannot be beaten.

I am a sucker from sideward scrolling shotters myself.
Eg. Contra SS, Neo Contra, Codename Gordon :p

Harper said:

Ah man, I LOVE Unreal! it is one of my favorite FPS's ever. It can get really drawn out and boring in some parts mid-way through the game (the Skaarj ship for example should of been only about 1/3 as long). But yeah, I always find myself loading it up and playing through about 5 hours of it every month.

I remember when i first played it and was in shock and awe when I got out of the prisoner transport and saw the outside enviroments for the first time. IMO, the waterfall and the huge cliffs are rendered beautifully. It just looks.............Unreal!

And the Nali people are so awesome because their simple and non-violent. I really liked how Epic made them very religious. their temples are gorgeous, and to see them levitate when they pray is rediculously cool!

However, no matter how good the actual game was, the ending sucked! after going through that huge ordeal only to be shut up in a space capsul is just awful!

oh well, at least there was an expantion pack. and it was pretty good, except for the 12 year old doing the voice acting. that was a big no-no!

Harper said:

I am a sucker from sideward scrolling shotters myself.
Eg. Contra SS, Neo Contra, Codename Gordon :p

:eek: dont forget the Metal Slug series :p

Are unreal and unreal tournament 2 different things? I played torunament but never hard of just "unreal".

Mr_Threepwood said:
Are unreal and unreal tournament 2 different things? I played torunament but never hard of just "unreal".

Yeah, Unreal came first, and a bucnh of people were playign the multiplayer, and Epic saw that it was really buggy and it sucked, so they made Unreal Tournament.

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
Ah man, I LOVE Unreal! it is one of my favorite FPS's ever. It can get really drawn out and boring in some parts mid-way through the game (the Skaarj ship for example should of been only about 1/3 as long).
How about the sun spire. That was a large level.

Like was under the impression that the level would over the second i reached the door at the beginning of that level. I have no idea that the level also included the insides of that tower too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom