I bought BF2 and BF2142 preowned and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaanish

Fully Optimized
...I couldn't play the game!!! It came with the DVD, and the manual, nothing missing. Then, in 2142 (by this time I had already put in the Key) when I tried to make an account it said 'CD key already used' so I was not allowed to make an account...

In BF2, when I tried to input the key, It said 'Key already used' and wouldn't let me proceed with installation...

I had to take them back. If I buy them preowned again, (because they are half as expensive as the new ones) and the key is already used again, do you think that I should ring up EA and they will give me a key, or will I have to return the games once again? Should I just buy a new copy this time?

THX

Why did you buy it pre-owned if you're nearly sure that the guy already played the game using that key. I doubt EA will do anything about it either.

u could probably file a lawsuit if u wanted against them since they shouldnt be sellign unusable products. I kno it seems extreme btu hey if u win u can buy a brand new copy for all ur friends to lol.

i only said that as the guy at EB couldnt take my F.E.A.R. as it is only good for one user, and if they sold it used i could sue them is what he told me.

Well the shop was blockbuster games (formely known as Game Station) and they are BULL ****. I have has so many problems with them its unbelivable(well, 3).

1.) Bought RE4 for PS2- Didnt work.
2.) The BF2/2142 thing mentioned above.
3.) I bought age of mythology and It was supposed to come with two disks but it only came with one, so i could only install and not actually play the bloody game.

I will now never buy a preowned PC game ever again, and I will also never buy a game from Game Station ever again they have lost my confidence.

Umm take the game back for a refund? And then buy the retail version.

I don't know about the laws in the UK, but here in California it is actually against the law to sell used computer games. Most places won't even return them unless you're buying the same exact game. In your case just buy them brand new, you won't have any headaches from all ready used CD-keys.

3.) I bought age of mythology and It was supposed to come with two disks but it only came with one, so i could only install and not actually play the bloody game.

im one f teh causes of that, i once sold my never winter nights 2 to EB games and abotu 3 months later i find the play cd in my game satchel. feel sorry for the guy buying my copy tho:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom