I Am Sooo Mad!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
get a laptop and catch wireless. DO the crap like the this dude sais then go home and ya..

"Overclock it like it's hooat!!..."

Mhaan i feel sorry for you!!! :wooha::wooha::wooha: I have ultimate SH*TLODES <--(I can't stress that enough!! :freak: ) of 56k FLEX modems!! To bad you are far from having an ISA\PnP Port in your computer. Otherwize i would have mailed you one... :( :cool:

I commend you on your patience, with internet like that i'd be bashing my head into a wall with frustration and unable to put together complete sentences. :)

cloud said:
I commend you on your patience, with internet like that i'd be bashing my head into a wall with frustration and unable to put together complete sentences. :)

Believe me, I am bashing my head against the wall. Especially since cable is available in my area but my house is too far from the road to be servicable. You are probably familiar with the Ozark National Forest?

Steam traffic is INCREDIBLY high right now due to the update that's been released (which includes the much-wanted deathmatch release). Anyone trying to just connect to Steam is going to notice delays, and anyone trying to activate HL2 right now is gonna get bogged down...especially if you have an outdated connection.

I'd keep searching for a new way to connect to the internet, buddy. Just 'cause yer off the beaten path doesn't mean you don't get internet. Steam is a bandwidth-intensive application (says so right on the page) and with a connection sub-28.8 you're gonna be hurt'n. If you can't get around this, even with satellite, then yer just S.O.L..

I did get HL2 activated finally a while back. I am not going to even ATTEMPT to start Steam in online mode again until I get a better connection. I am currently looking into paying Cox cable to bring the line up my driveway, because the installation will be around the same as satellite, but i will be looking at 4mbps (probably even around 7-8mbps, because nobody will be on my line and Cox is good about giving extra bandwidth), instead of 100-200K that I would get with satellite. This is going to take a while though.

Re: "Overclock it like it's hooat!!..."

ATIRAGEPRO said:
Mhaan i feel sorry for you!!! :wooha::wooha::wooha: I have ultimate SH*TLODES <--(I can't stress that enough!! :freak: ) of 56k FLEX modems!! To bad you are far from having an ISA\PnP Port in your computer. Otherwize i would have mailed you one... :( :cool:

that wouldn't help him at all since he has a bad quality phone line.

I had the same problem a couple of years ago so I know how you feel, beedubaya :(

Re: Re: "Overclock it like it's hooat!!..."

Brian911 said:
that wouldn't help him at all since he has a bad quality phone line.

I had the same problem a couple of years ago so I know how you feel, beedubaya :(

The thing is, 2 years ago it was not uncommon to still be on dial-up. Now, dial-up is only for people who have no clue about the internet or computers. I am ashamed to have to use it, especially at these low speeds.

actually, I had a 2nd HDD for just games and files, you could do that (no os on it), remove it bring to friends or wherever so as not to lug the entire system around, plug it as a slave into another system, get it updated and set it for offline mode, and then pop it back into the original system. I can't think of why that wouldn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom