I am really New at PC gaming, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

InternetG33k120

Beta member
Ok, I am getting a gaming computer for christmas soon. So, I wanted to know some stuff about PC Gaming.

Are the 1st Person shooters playable online with other people online? Multiplayer online?

What brand of playstation 2 to pc controller converter should i get?

Thanx,
Justin

ya all fps are available online and why would you want to use a crappy ps2 controller for a fps? Now i can see using it for a racing game but fps are much better with a mouse and keyboard trust me.

Keyboard and Mouse the only things i recommend a controller for is racing games thats it.

InternetG33k120 said:
Ok, I am getting a gaming computer for christmas soon. So, I wanted to know some stuff about PC Gaming.

Are the 1st Person shooters playable online with other people online? Multiplayer online?

What brand of playstation 2 to pc controller converter should i get?

Thanx,
Justin

First Person Shooter :- Mouse beats game pad any day.

RPGs :- Unless it's a PS2 to PC convertion, just about all the RPGs require a mouse. I have found that the PS2 to PC Conservsions (Eg. Metal Gear Solid, FFVII, FFVIII, Grandia II for PC) did play better with a some sort of joypad.

Flight Sims :- You can get away with a game pad really well. However if you are really hard core into those games, then a Joystick is recommended.

Racing Games :- Game Pads are really good for these. I ahve found that I need the response time that a game pad can offer over a steering wheel on some of these game. However the people that are more realistic about their gaming will perchase a steering wheel.

Overall, I recommend that you start with a PC, Keyboard, Mouse and Playstation to USB Adaptor, and then deside later on if you really want to invest in a Joystick or Steering Wheel.

Preacher said:
A G15 Keyboard for spells/attack macros and and a good headset for TS and Vent while in group and just a keyboard!
One must learn how to walk before they can run.

A G15 Keyboard is really good. However I have seen a lot of people get one, but barely even touch the Macro Keys (lets alone have any idea on what they can use them fore)

Harper said:
One must learn how to walk before they can run.

A G15 Keyboard is really good. However I have seen a lot of people get one, but barely even touch the Macro Keys (lets alone have any idea on what they can use them fore)
What are the macro keys i have always wondered about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom