How will Prey or Condemned run my nvidia 6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
I have quake 4 and i play it on 1024x768 high setting with no AA.
Will Prey or Condemned run at these setting without problem?

And which is better Prey or Condemned? which one should i get ?

Prey uses the Doom 3 engine, so does Quake 4, but Prey will perform slower as it has more graphic enhancements.

prey is also far better than doom 3 and quake no annoying spawning of enemies in stupid places. Condemned is alright more of a horror/fps like F.E.A.R Focuses on melee combat more and if you get a gun you only have so many bullets etc.

I can assure you that prey is quite a bit more demanding than Doom 3.

probably going to be playing 800x600 for decent framerates.

6600 is normal video for games like Prey (Doom3 engine) or Condemned (FEAR engine), I think you could play these games with at least medium setting and 800x600 it's no so bad

I downloaded prey demo, and the game runs for me better than Quake4 and doom3. I play it at 1024x768 on Max setting (just AA and AF are off). The graphics are very realistic, and gameplay is excellent.

I am going to buy it as soon as possible.

lol i was going to give u a link to the demo, i should read every reply, i had to edit this post.

I play prey on 800x600 on medium and 2x AA and i get around 25 - 30 Fps... I have a 6600... Read my sig for specs

gmanych said:
I play prey on 800x600 on medium and 2x AA and i get around 25 - 30 Fps... I have a 6600... Read my sig for specs

very strange!!!

When i choose Auto detection it sets it at 1024x768 on max setting and AA and AF (image antistrophy) are off, and thats is just my default setting.

When I run it with 2xAA and 4xAF, the game still run fine on my system.

I don't know but maybe it runs better for me because i have better cpu and more ram than your computer. Also, my video card is overclocked from 300/500 to 345/570.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom