How well would Half Life 2 run on this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye127

Solid State Member
I was thinkin of getting HL2, but i want to make sure i can run it at the quality i want. I'd like to know what kind of graphics settings i would have to use.

Intel P4 2.4 ghz
Radeon 9800 pro 256mb ddr
1024mb ddr ram 266mhz
creative sb audigy
Gigabyte mobo intel 865pe ddr
juster d630 digital 5.1 speaker system
ms windows xp home edition

tks for any information

That system should dominate HL2. My friend plays HL2 at 1600x1200 on a 9800 pro and it never drops below 30 fps. You should be excelent.

yes, 4x AA, 8x AF...HL2 is designed for the 9800 Pro......it was top notch last year when this game was supposed to debut...

The game is very CPU and RAM intensive though, so you may not be able to run it completely flawlessy:confused:

Hawkeye127 said:
I was thinkin of getting HL2, but i want to make sure i can run it at the quality i want. I'd like to know what kind of graphics settings i would have to use.

Intel P4 2.4 ghz
Radeon 9800 pro 256mb ddr
1024mb ddr ram 266mhz
creative sb audigy
Gigabyte mobo intel 865pe ddr
juster d630 digital 5.1 speaker system
ms windows xp home edition

tks for any information

It will run fine but I think there is a bug with your soundcard with HL2. Just lower the sound settings until Valve patches it.

tks for the tip hu_xu ;) Merlin, what graphics settings do you think i'd have to run for it to be smooth then??

Re: Re: How well would Half Life 2 run on this??

hu_xu said:
It will run fine but I think there is a bug with your soundcard with HL2. Just lower the sound settings until Valve patches it.

Is this with all Audigy cards? I have the Audigy 2 Platinum. ANd what exactly do you mean by lowering the settings? Lowering the equalizer or what?

I have an Audigy card and I do get a skip every now and then. Nothing thats too unbearable. I guess this is the cause of the lag I was talking about in another thread. I knew it wasn't an X800 Problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom